• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

Side by side visits

sunshine13

Aug 10, 2012
Somerset
Hi, Any news as to when/if Side by Side visits can restart please? My lady (aged 95) isn't otherwise vulnerable, does understand the situation, but she misses my visits! (I'm a volunteer befriender by the way - should have said that at the beginning.) Thanks for any advice.

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
I have not heard anything about side by side visits. My mother's care home is only doing outdoor, 2 metres apart, no contact visits, which I am not risking, as it would be bound to trigger a screaming fit (that would be mum, not me).

Louise7

Mar 25, 2016
Last edited:

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Thanks for the clarification @Louise7 . There's been so much talk of care-home visits, I was thinking perhaps this might be some new kind of incentive for getting us indoors! :rolleyes:

sunshine13

Aug 10, 2012
Somerset
Thanks all of you. Yes, that post does help and I hadn't seen it. I definitely miss my volunteering at the moment, but not half as much as my lady misses the social contact. It will be such a relief when all this craziness is over, won't it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Passthesalt