sicut animam suam : 'it's just life'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
It’s a tune that is frequently played at funerals here but I know it is a battlefield lament.

I discovered yesterday that my friend, who was Bill’s carer, was at school with one of the buglers.

You know I love this song, its an amzing piece to play on a day to recant what has gone before. There are so many slight versions of it -all folk sang of course from Scotland. Thank you for sharing it was beautiful to listen to

I believe Sergeant Bugler Jamie Ritchie was the lead bugler if my memory serves me right -what a wonderful take of events

Last edited:

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Well I must ode to bed as it is a long day before my head hits the pillow again. Thank you for all the well wishes, as soon as I know I will post. I am hopeful because this is a job for me and I so want to come home -its time.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I believe Sergeant Bugler Jamie Ritchie was the lead bugler if my memory serves me right -what a wonderful take of events

That’s right. My friend was at primary school with him. He moved on to a different secondary school and they lost touch. After seeing this on Saturday David has reconnected with him and they have agreed to meet up when Jamie is next in Scotland. It seems they were both constantly in trouble for getting into mischief in primary school. Such a lovely outcome for David to have reconnected.

I hope things work out for you tomorrow.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Thanks everyone. I did mess up the first question but rescued it. I will have to wait and see the outcome which is tomorrow morning . I can;t believe they are making me wait, but thats how it is. Nothing to do now toher than forget about it and enjoy my evening before work tomorrow.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Well I was called after 10am and wasinformed that i had been successful and offered the post. I have accepted, but I picked up on some issues durig the interview, so I will be going on secondment initially before deciding it is permanent. I am of course pleased, but then afterwards a sadness hit me as I realised I would be leaving some very brialliant friends and colleagues behind. Anyway all done and onwards

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Well I was called after 10am and wasinformed that i had been successful and offered the post. I have accepted, but I picked up on some issues durig the interview, so I will be going on secondment initially before deciding it is permanent. I am of course pleased, but then afterwards a sadness hit me as I realised I would be leaving some very brialliant friends and colleagues behind. Anyway all done and onwards
well done on getting the job

Fitzalan

Apr 25, 2020
Congratulations @Palerider. It is always sad to leave brilliant friends and colleagues behind, but I am sure you will make new friends in your new post. Great idea to go on secondment there until you see if it's the right place and job for you. I hope it is and you enjoy your new job.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Great news and congratulations. The brilliant friends you will stay in contact with. It also sounds good that you can go on secondment initially. New challenges and new colleagues sounds positive.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Thanks everyone. Its an exciting time as its a project to meet the NHS Long Term Plan, but they are not in a position where my own employer is now -they have a lot of work to do and some professional politics to resolve on the way, hence I negotiated the secondment

Status
Not open for further replies.