sicut animam suam : 'it's just life'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Brilliant news you finally got to see your beloved mum ☺️ Hope too it’s the start of many more visits . The cake went down a treat by the looks of it ? x

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
Wonderful news, are you able to have regular visits now? My sister is Mums nominated visitor and has been able to get an appointment every week - three visits so far. But today, my sister was told that the visits are only for 20 minutes although the care home did originally state that they would be for half an hour. So the visit was soon over.

I met my sister in the care home car park to give her two slices of homemade Bakewell tart that I made yesterday. We had forgotten that my sister would not be able to eat as she has to wear a visor or mask so mum quickly scoffed both pieces - to the amazement of the Carer who said mum had only just had lunch so would not be hungry!

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Thank you for the information you posted earlier regarding CHC assessment.
So pleased to hear that you have finally had a face to face visit with your Mum and lovely that she remembered the cake

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Thank you for the information you posted earlier regarding CHC assessment.
So pleased to hear that you have finally had a face to face visit with your Mum and lovely that she remembered the cake
Thats OK, I haven't heard anything back from the CHC assessment team and the deadline was today, so I am assuming that on assessment mum has hit the required scoring -I'd be shocked if she didn't as she hits more than two A's.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Well a week has passed since I saw mum and I was a bit emotionally wobbly for a few days after. Its hard sometimes to carry on with life when we feel so disrupted and a little lost, but as always life pulls us along and somehow we keep going -but we don't have any choice really, its either that or it it all falls apart.

The last few weeks I have been mulling over my work situation and decided that after 10 years of commuting in my current job its time to move back home and also time for a change. I do like my colleagues and my role, but it doesn't feel right anymore and my plan after leaving London was always to come home in the end -so now is the time to make that final move -why not, everything else has changed so much in the last few year, it feels like this is the last outstanding problem to resolve ?

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I think cutting down your commute is an excellent idea @Palerider. Have you any interviews lined up and good luck with your new role when it arrives.
I'd scoff two slices of homemade Bakewell Tart too @Lynmax . Glad your mum enjoyed them.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I am sat listening to Russian chant music and it is quite amazing, being a humanist doesn't mean I don't listen to church music but I accept the beauty in it -and it is really something to sit and almost meditate to.

Today I have been out shopping and bought mum some Easter goodies and two new cotton pullovers ready for tomorrow. This is the first year I will be completely alone over Easter and it does feel at odds with the world. My sister would be looking forward to the roast lamb tomorrow and mum would have made sure we ate fish on Good Friday, dad would have been the gofor -all change now though. The BIL invited me for Easter Sunday as the girls and their respective partners are coming, but I declined purely because this year is the first of many to come and I am still feeling estranged and to be honest emotional. I'd rather sit it out this year and pick myself up for next year.

Today I have made gladalax and it is ready to eat today with pickled cucumber, cauliflower and creme fresh and horseradish sauce - oh and a glas or two of bubbly -why not

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Gravlax, one of my favourites! I’ll skip on the bubbly, but other wines are more than acceptable!

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Gravlax, one of my favourites! I’ll skip on the bubbly, but other wines are more than acceptable!
I prepped it last night....just washed of the cure and will get it ready for serving very soon ;)
167907798_2662903660666422_4840738564730606532_n (1).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife