sicut animam suam : 'it's just life'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Yes I was ill after a dreadful culmination of episodes. I had just managed to take a break as well which was ruined. Apparently it is to do with the body running on adrenalin for too long because of stress and when this stops the immune system kind of collapses and you can get ill very quickly. It's called the 'let down effect'

You have to destress gently if that is at all possible.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
So sorry to hear that your last few weeks have been horrendous.
I belatedly offer my condolences with regards to your sister and hope the funeral goes as smoothly as possible, especially in these even more difficult times. Although the circumstances were not good I was pleased to hear that you at least got to see your Mum for a short while.
I hope that soon you are able to find some time for yourself to restore yourself

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Hi Simon, any progress with the care home about visiting your mum? Do they have Covid cases currently?

No, they are digging their heels in, however all the residents and staff have had their first vaccination so thats something -a step in the right direction.

Just to say the Parliamentary Human Rights Committee have convened this week and are now looking at evidence for a change in the law that will give one family member key worker status. There are many organisations and individuals that have kept up the pressure over the last months and finally we are being heard

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
@Palerider have you considered requesting an individual risk assessment based upon the latest iteration of the visiting guidelines (12 January)?

Which ever way I argue with the care home head office they essentially run me down with excuses and that their number one priority is to keep residents safe. I have changed tact in the last few months and stopped contacting the care home provider. Interestingly the last time I met and spoke with their Ops manager she was so condescending and patronising and she made a comment about my mum that she thought was appropriate in saying that mum still has a fight for life and get up and go. I returned a response that didn't go down well, in saying it was highly unlikely that mums spirit for life was driving her given she is advanced dementia and she is more likely looking for someone who is familiar to her, so I think that comment is inappropriate given the circumstances on which the Ops manager tried to retrieve the situation, but of course it was too late. It was an insensitive comment to make and she knew it.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Anyway I can appeal to all of your better natures now and right to your MP to get support on the upcoming change in the law, the only people that can vote on this in is our MP's when all is said and done by us mere mortals ...this is so important and the Human Rights Act rarely gets changed to our advantage......so please everyone get behind this, its our only chance now to make a law supporting those in care and their carers

Lone Wolf

Sep 20, 2020
We need a change in the situation as soon as possible. Time is running out for our loved ones and the impacts on family members is more and more insufferable.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Well the weather is playing havoc with the roads here and I am beginning to wonder if I will get to the funeral tomorrow. Two are inpassable as of today. The main dual carriageway is closed off to the M6 which leaves the A49 and thats not looking good at the mo ?

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Oh dear what a worry, as if you don't have enough already. They were all cancelled here last thursday cos of the snow, Fingers crossed all goes ahead and you all make it there safely tomorrow ? ?

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Hopefully the roads are passable and you are able to go today. I hope it goes as well as these events can. I will be thinking of you.

Jacques

Apr 4, 2020
I haven't been posting on your thread but have been following your story with great sadness. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.