sicut animam suam : 'it's just life'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I just sat and burst into tears, I would have gone down to visit my sister and chat about things, but of course that has gone now. My brother is been an ass and I have had a massive rant at him down the phone -and frankly that boy needs a stick of dynamite where the sun don't shine. I am utterly disgusted with him, even today when I have ran myself ragged he expects to me call him while he has sat on his fat backside oblivious to what is going on around him, so wrapped up in his own petty problems he can't see any further than the end of his nose. Good riddance, thats all I can say!!:mad: I am done, I'd rther speak to the four walls after how he has been expecially with my sister

Rant over

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I think it had been brewing and in my humble opinion it is better let out than letting it fester inside . X

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
What else can this world throw at you! Rant away on here, you are among friends. I have had to come to terms with my mums cancer diagnosis which was difficult until I realised that at her age with a localised, slow growing tumour, she is more likely to die with age related or dementia illnesses but I don’t want her to be in any pain or discomfort.

Make the most of any chances to visit your mum while you can, and enjoy the tipple, you certainly deserve it after dealing with your brother as well.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I am so glad to say Rhi is coming to stay with me next weekend. We worked together in ICU at The London and also lived together and have ever since been close friends outside of family. Rhi now lives in Swansea and we both left London after many years of working together and went our seperate ways, we have always remained close friends. She keeps on asking me to move to Swansea, but I am not ready yet. In time it may happen.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Good to hear you will have someone to talk to /share a hug and to lean on a little . Rhi sounds just what you need . X

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Good to hear you will have someone to talk to /share a hug and to lean on a little . Rhi sounds just what you need . X
Rhi was a good mate when dad died and she drove up for the funeral she was also funny afterwards chatting away to my family most of whom she had never met before apart from mum and dad.

But I have to move on now tomorrow is the day I get Karens death registered and then finaly we can know her body will be released for cremation. I was worried when we left the hospice on Saturday, I asked Steve where the death certificate was and he had no idea, so when I got home I called the hospice because I thought with no certificate it was going to the coroners which I dreaded as this happened with my dad. Turns out because of coronavirus they send the certificates directly to the registry office, so hopefully tomorrow should be straight forward and then we will sort out the funeral.

I am really tired to be honest, and the one person that is at the back of my mind is mum.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
You probably can’t take your foot off the pedal much at the moment with so much to do /organise. I really hope you can get a little down time with Rhi to take a breathe and relax a little , she sounds a star . Hope Tom goes ok, I had heard that’s how it is working at the moment with certificates . X

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I am so glad your friend is coming up to look after you @Palerider . She sounds a total star and the sort of solid support you want at the moment.
Sometime in the future Swansea sounds like it might be a good idea.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Thank goodness; I have been very worried, everybody depends on you and then the stress of a very busy and demanding job. Hopefully your friend can prop you up for a bit. If you want to eventually move there is no problem in making plans, even if you wait a few months before they take place.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I think I had one too many swigs of Gelnlivet by the end of last night ? but its a pure alcohol so no hangover.

Anyway, Steve is not great today and he was dreading having to go to the registrars office. Turns out he doesn't have to as they will call him so another job resolved in the many to follow..

Mum is being assessed for return to the care home -I'm not quite sure at this stage what there is to assess. I have rang PALS and asked if they sort out an update from the doctors for me as I would like to know whats happening with her condition as it is now and if there is any planned management. I have explained mum is already on a palliative pathway. Waiting for a call back.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Hope you hear update about Mum sooner rather than later . I do feel for Bil too it’s very hard on you all. ❤️ Glad you haven’t a hangover to contend with as well , a mighty brunch might help .

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Finally had an update, mum is fit for discharge and has a benign lipoma. She is very frail though when I saw her and to be honest I was upset to see her so wasted away. At least now we can get her back to the care home and she can potter and dose as much as she likes and eat her many chocolates.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
At last some good news!
Yes I hope she will be back soon and you can relax a bit, although I realise that you still have a lot on your plate
xx

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
That is a little good news , sorry to hear she is frail though , as you say she can return to her home and do as she pleases . Take care of you. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet