sicut animam suam : 'it's just life'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Tomorrow I am visiting mum at 2pm and am a little in suspense as to how it will go. Realistically it has been so long that I am not sure she will now remember me. Anyway I have decided to take a long a new friend for her to keep her some company and hopefully distract her for a while

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I'll be thinking of you @Palerider. I hope your mum remembers you are someone important to her, if not exactly who. I'm dithering about one of those cats for mum. She's liked the small teddy bears I've sent in with flowers from time to time.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hope the visit goes well @Palerider I got mum exactly the same cat a few years ago and it did hold her attention for a short while although the care staff ended up playing with it more than mum did! I hope your mum finds it comforting as it is very lifelike :)

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Thanks @Sarasa and @Louise7. I thought about the robocat for a while and thought might as well give it a go, mum loves animals so hopefully she will take to it but is dependent on her attention span. I'm trying not to think about tomorrows visit too much as I don't know what to expect and its wise to be realistic.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
So glad you will finally get to see your mum tomorrow, hope it goes well ? ? The cat is fab, more realistic than I thought, hope your mum likes it x

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Ooh just noticed the software has been updated

Anyway went to visit today and guess what? They had double booked the visit. I gave way to another family couple who wanted to visit and have re-arranged for Weds at 1pm -frustrating but it is what it is a mistake.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Discovered unpacking my boxes -a wooden box from some time ago, the dust had remained....

20201130_194223.jpg

I had forgotten what lied inside....
20201130_194350.jpg

My art box and a pan of watercolours and brushes mum had bought me many moons ago as I went to art college to train as a painter. I can't believe mum had kept this all of that time. I remember the pan cost £70 -professional paints. The college where I took the foundation course in fine art has long since gone, its now a block of flats. It was never meant to be as I re-trained into other work. Perhaps I may raise a brush again and paint -who knows

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
My mum got one of those cats last Christmas and initially it was a great success, she loved to stroke it and see it move it’s paws and roll over! But she got a bit anxious about what to feed it and wanted to let it out at night in case it scratched the furniture so it was banished to the wardrobe! When we emptied the house after mum went into her care home, I found it and brought it to my house, I’d forgotten about it until I saw your video so I might dig it out and take it to the care home for any residents to play with - or for the staff!

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
My mum got one of those cats last Christmas and initially it was a great success, she loved to stroke it and see it move it’s paws and roll over! But she got a bit anxious about what to feed it and wanted to let it out at night in case it scratched the furniture so it was banished to the wardrobe! When we emptied the house after mum went into her care home, I found it and brought it to my house, I’d forgotten about it until I saw your video so I might dig it out and take it to the care home for any residents to play with - or for the staff!
Great idea! I'm sure someone there will give it a good home. As for banishing a kitty to the wardrobe - shame on you! ?

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
We'll see how it goes with mum, yesterday she was tired and a bit grumpy by all accounts so the cat has been kept for 'later' :rolleyes:

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Thanks @Woo2 and @Lynmax there is plenty of time to donate. I have already reached 50% of the baseline target of £200, but my ultimate target is £1000. I will be sharing my preparation on here as I was once a keen mountain walker and hold the ML qualification, but over the last several years that has gone by the by and I have become unfit and overweight. My first port of call is to get to the gym and start to loose weight and get fit ...I will be posting as I am sure many readers will be intrigued

Status
Not open for further replies.