sicut animam suam : 'it's just life'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I spoke with her tonight and she is not happy I have shared our mutual friendship on here, but she also knows I am fast becoming well and truly stuck.

I told her to go home of she can and live the life she has, walk her dog, see her children as well as C, put her feet up, eat cake and take the rest as it comes. Tonight I called and she was very unwell and unsettled and said she always knew her past history of breast Ca would come back to bight her.....ugh what do you say to that? So I said go home live your life, see your children, walk your dog. put your feet up and watch TV and forgive your hubby for all the points you made bad......and I'll come and see you

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
So sorry to hear this news @Palerider. Life is certainly not being kind to you at the moment. I hope your sister takes your excellent advice and forgives you for mentioning her on here. I don't think you've ever said anything that could 'out' her in real life, but I'm glad to discover you have someone that has been there for you when you needed.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Thanks everyone, I feel for my sister more than anything. Anyway the big day on Friday MDT meeting so obviously things are tense.

Mum is awaiting her vacicne which I am told will be in a weeks time

:rolleyes:

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
So sorry to hear the news about your sister. It's a really tough time for your family and I send you hugs and strength at this difficult time X

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
So sorry to hear this news @Palerider. Life is certainly not being kind to you at the moment. I hope your sister takes your excellent advice and forgives you for mentioning her on here. I don't think you've ever said anything that could 'out' her in real life, but I'm glad to discover you have someone that has been there for you when you needed.
I didn't expect this now -but of course I guess we all take life so much for granted. I think its fair to say most of this journey I have taken on my own with some back-up when things have got too much from my sister, who to be fair has her hands full as it is. We have chatted today and she is devastated and so am I. My BIL has been busy trying to follow his orders from home doing the shop etc. I was working on Boxing day, but I have no taken that day off and I have said I will cook on both xams day and boxing day -much to m BILs delight.

Life is so unfair and my sister and hubby don't deserve this after all they have been through over the years. I am lost for words as @Grannie G says.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Life just is so cruel , lovely of you to cook for them both days , takes some pressure off. sending you big hugs ?

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Well today is the MDT day and a decision on how my sister will be managed -as always these things can go either way so I am keeping an open mind.

The BIL couldn't find a turkey yesterday so ordered one at £60. I nearly fell off my chair -I think he's ordered a norfolk black for that price :rolleyes:. I have kindly offered to step in and sort out without being intrusive, the BIL seemed relieved. I have also done the remainder of their Christmas meat shop for them and there is a little treat on the way -sirloin roast joint;)

I worry about mum as well, and the care home is still refusing to budge on visiting. The vaccine will help but I just have a feeling there will be more barriers as we go through this next stage.

Its been a long 5 years dad, mum and now my sister -will it ever end?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You must be the carer of the family @Palerider. There is usually one in most families whether or not relationships are good.

I cared for my grandmother, my mother and of course my husband, while my sister helped care for my father. My father died in 1971 , my grandmother in 1983 and my mother in 2002, my husband in 2014. When I look back it seems for ever so I know how you feel.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
You def are a nurturer , how kind you are , it must be a huge weight off BIL shoulders to have that worry lifted . Thinking of you all and hope the meeting brings some positive news ?

hope you get more regular visits to your lovely mum soon . Take care ?

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
You must be the carer of the family @Palerider. There is usually one in most families whether or not relationships are good.

I cared for my grandmother, my mother and of course my husband, while my sister helped care for my father. My father died in 1971 , my grandmother in 1983 and my mother in 2002, my husband in 2014. When I look back it seems for ever so I know how you feel.

Thats very true, even though my relationship with my brother is virtually none existent I often end up having to sort him out as well -touch wood not recently. I'm the youngest, I am sure this was all supposed to be the other way round??

Thats alot to take on @Grannie G

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
So very sorry to hear your news @Palerider I have followed your posts for a while. This has been for so many people such a truly awful year, I for one will be glad to see the back of it.
Sounds like the christmas plans are coming on well. I hope you hear from the care home soon. The whole visiting issue has, in my view, been very badly handled. Thinking of you.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Not a good day, sister has been re-admitted to hospital and is really unwell. This is all so similar to how our dad was and I have to be honest and say I am a little worried about it all, but as before there is nothing I can do other than wait and see.

I was trying to make an effort for Christmas, but I am not so sure now I can be bothered. I have to keep an eye on the BIL as he is not coping very well and is going into himself a little too much. I will offer to walk the dog in the week as it all seems to be tto much right now.

On top of that I am gutted there will be no visiting mum at Christmas -but fear not I have out pen to paper and will be pressing the matter as she is very frail and already come close to end of life in the last 6 months -watch this space.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to hear that your sister has been re-admitted to hospital. Thinking of you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.