sicut animam suam : 'it's just life'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
…..because believe it or not there are idiots out there that think they can face us off with utter nonsense -and that is when my heels begin to dig in having tried a reasonable approach, therein the clout comes from a resource that knows a better argument and whether the person owning that clout has the will to commit to it, because after that comes little else other than formal action and the proposed idioit aspousing the clout may actuallly hold all of the facts -therein I would argue, when in a hole do not dig deeper!

@Palerider any argument you present is powerfully spoken & should be respected by management & staff. I’d want you in my corner for sure

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Is dinner ready yet? We're all starving...

I'm sure I can smell roast beef. And I'm thinking Yorkshire pudding, roasties, etc... But hold the carrots ?

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
A taster

Attachments

• 20220219_192055.jpg
    20220219_192055.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 169

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
All a little over cooked due to do work at my desktop but always better than under cooked with a roast. Will be packed up and eaten tomorrow after work as well

Last edited:

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Looks delish!

Can I ask about the Yorkshire puddings? I bought some from Tesco the other day (chilled) and they were rubbish - completely tasteless. Can you (or anyone!) recommend some or are home made the only good ones? Can't remember the last decent one I had...

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Looks delish!

Can I ask about the Yorkshire puddings? I bought some from Tesco the other day (chilled) and they were rubbish - completely tasteless. Can you (or anyone!) recommend some or are home made the only good ones? Can't remember the last decent one I had...
we have frozen aunt bessies yorkshires my husband used to make lovely ones with batter mix as well as from scratch.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I have made them in the past but it was a lot of messing about and you've got enough things to juggle when you do a roast dinner. It was many years ago and as I recall, they were much taller - about 4" or so and crisp on the outside. All the ones I've bought, whether chilled or frozen seem to be barely 2" high and are rather disappointing, soggy tasteless things.

A proper Yorkshire pudding is a wonderful thing. (2 is even better ? )

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I make my own but use a batter mix - much easier and quicker than weighing ingredients and getting the mixer out! They taste delicious!

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
That's a thought @Lynmax . I shall buy a packet tomorrow.

Oh dear - just seen that Shrove Tuesday is March 1st this year so there will probably be a fight to get pancake mix :rolleyes:

But having just watched Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsey and Nigella make them on You Tube, I am determined...
(JO had his with smoked salmon and a sour cream/horseradish sauce which looked really yummy!)

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Well I finally have an answer on the PhD proposal -the moment I have been waiting for and 18 months of write and re-write. The proposal has been accepted by the university lead researcher and his comments were very positive summising it was a good PhD to undertake and both intersting and also important. So I am very happy at the moment that something is going in the right direction, there is however one small snag they may not be able to arrange supervisers for the project until September -but that gives me time to apply for funding opportunities???‍?

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Well I finally have an answer on the PhD proposal -the moment I have been waiting for and 18 months of write and re-write. The proposal has been accepted by the university lead researcher and his comments were very positive summising it was a good PhD to undertake and both intersting and also important. So I am very happy at the moment that something is going in the right direction, there is however one small snag they may not be able to arrange supervisers for the project until September -but that gives me time to apply for funding opportunities???‍?
Well done. You definitely deserve this good news .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976