siblings

zak

Sep 29, 2006
hi, i was wondering if anyone can advise re; other members of family who dont always agree, and there is never any communication, wont go into a great detail but would love to hear of any one who has the same problems, will speak privately if poss as i need to get this of my chest as its now making me poorly

girlpunto112

Aug 12, 2006
cheshire
zak said:
hi, i was wondering if anyone can advise re; other members of family who dont always agree, and there is never any communication, wont go into a great detail but would love to hear of any one who has the same problems, will speak privately if poss as i need to get this of my chest as its now making me poorly

im having a problem with the members of my family, both my sisters and dad are now desesed so im the only close relative my mum has, although her granddaugher who live close by does cause problems accused me of trying to put mum in a home and turned my neice and nephew against me

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I've already mentioned conflict with my brother but I know he isn't as bad as some others' brothers in here.

Lila

zak said:

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Lila13 said:
I've already mentioned conflict with my brother but I know he isn't as bad as some others' brothers in here.

Lila

That would be my brother that you're talking about there! If I have to speak about him I tend to refer to him as 'my mother's son' as I do not consider him to be a brother in anything but the genetic sense of the word! I don't really consider that he has been a son to my mother but she considers him to be such. She must be nearly due for her annual visit from him so I must order the fatted calve from the butcher (except that I believe 'prodigal' implies remorse which there is unfortunately no sign of!)

This post could be construed as being very bitter and twisted but it is also true!

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
No...I think you are talking about my 2 sisters who offered no support when my father was so ill but only verbally abused me through emails and phone calls!

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
My grannie didn't have dementia but managed to stir up a lot between the three daughters she spent most time with in her last 11 years (her eldest daughter and the only son managed to avoid most of that!) and there's still fall-out from that in the next generation.

Last autumn I just wished my brother and his family would go off to Australia or somewhere for 6 months as I thought it would be so much easier to cope without his intermittent interference.

My mother said "you are very fond of your brother, aren't you?" and I put the question back to her "are you very fond of your brother?" she replied "not particularly" but later the same day cried "if only you knew how I LONG to see my brother again ..." Wish he could have heard that, instead of only turning up for the funeral.

For most of our adult lives we can probably avoid siblings if we want to, only illness and death drags us together. For some reason we go on believing things should be "fair" and there's nothing we can do to make siblings or other relations do what we perceive as "their share".

Lila