Shower time

blue eyes

Nov 6, 2014
Does anyone have any novel ideas as to how to remove pyjamas etc so that you can wash or shower your loved one? My husband is a very strong man. He refuses to let go of his pyjamas bottoms. This causes so much stress to all involved and my fear is that he may lash out one morning.

halojones

May 7, 2014
When I get mum in the shower, I warm up lots of big towels in the tumble dryer( or on a radiator ,if you don't have tumble dryer) and as I remove mum clothes cover her in the warm towels..Mum did say to me that she doesn't want to be naked, exposed cold: which is understandable..Could you wrap a big towel around your husbands waist, then get him to remove his PJ bottoms underneath? Good Luck x.

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
Would he wash his nether regions inside his clothing when in the shower, it's the last bit of diginity he's trying to hang on to, I think. My father refused point blank to remove his clothes for the shower when mum was helping him, we got a carer in twice a week to do showering and he was happy to let them remove his clothes. I think dad saw it as being undignified for his precious wife to be doing that sort of personal care...

good luck

blue eyes

Nov 6, 2014
Thank you for all your helpful suggestions. Besides myself it is the carer who has the problem removing my husbands pjs. He has such a strong grip. Will try wraping the towel around him before attempting to remove the bottoms. The problem also is that he thinks he has already been washed !!!

Feline

Oct 25, 2012
East Devon
Thank you for all your helpful suggestions. Besides myself it is the carer who has the problem removing my husbands pjs. He has such a strong grip. Will try wraping the towel around him before attempting to remove the bottoms. The problem also is that he thinks he has already been washed !!!

Hi,
Is there a time of day when it might be easier, I often shower my OH on return from day care, usually because he has not let anyone else help him with toileting etc. Mornings are not good.
Best wishes