Shower problem

ROLANDIPAM6

Apr 3, 2014
Hi, I am a career to my wife, she is in denial of her dementia. We are having a shower installed. This is a no no to my wife and she gets very very stressed if any strangers come into the house I do know that her condition will get very bad if I ignore her and go ahead with the installation.
It would be out of the question to let her go to any one of our daughters for a few days. I can not even clean the house with my wife around I have to arrange for my daughter to take her out for two to three hours. Any ideas ?

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Welcome to Talking Point.

Could you both go away for a couple of days and let one of your daughters look after the house for you,
You could arrange respite for her, my husband had to go into a Care Home while we had a new shower, kitchen and rewiring done,
the only other alternative is sending her to a daughters for a couple of days but you say that is impossible,

I hope you manage to get something sorted,

Best wishes, Jeany

carpe diem

Nov 16, 2011
Bristol
Hi, I don't have a solution sorry. I do have the exact same problem with my mum. She did agree to having a shower after getting very stuck in the bath. But of course this was soon forgoten and it would be impossible to get a shower put it whilst she was home and going anywhere for a short stay causes huge anxiety.
We had to make a compromise and fitted a bath lift. It cost £220 and is easy to fit. Not ideal but it was really the only way.
Good luck!