Shower chair/Commode - Recommendations?

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
We have a glideabout commode for Sue, provided by the LA. It is not great. It is metal-framed, has hard edges, very stiff wheel-locks and a very uncomfortable seat which your bum gets stuck in - not a great position for a BM to happen easily.

We want to replace it with something plastic and more comfortable and fit for purpose. If you can personally recommend something better, please do so.

Thanks

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Osprey shower commode. We use it wheeled over the toilet because the commode pan is attached by a stupid system of flexible supports. Apart from that it is comfortable, moves easily and is easy to clean. But if you want a commode then this would probably not be useful to you.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Thanks Bemused. I like the idea of it fitting over the toilet but mostly we would use it as a commode at the side of the bath. The bathroom is some way away from the bedroom and we wouldn't want to do that journey every time we wanted Sue to have a go on the commode.

Thanks anyway - it might suit someone else who's looking at some point.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Hi Stanley, when Mum was still mobile and using the same type of commode, I bought the following which wasn't so expensive at the time (£40). There are several other types from Amazon and probably other places.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Comfort-Com...92764&sr=1-9&keywords=Comfort+Commode+Cushion

To keep it stable, I taped it round the edge to the frame. The carers were a bit dubious about it but it worked. Mum found the commode seat itself too hard.

I took the footrests off and she used to place her feet on a cushion as I found them possibly a danger to her as they had very sharp edges.