Shouting, screaming, distressed when being touched, moved or changed

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
I'm not sure if I've posted about this before, probably have.

Have any of your loved ones ever got distressed of shouted etc just by touching them?

Mum gets upset when being changed and dressed etc. Has anyone noticed that tyheir loved ones have got upset by the slightest touch?

Will explain more when i've had a few replies.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Shakey, My Lionel sometimes gets quite distressed when I touch him or try to assist him dressing. I have learnt to approach him softly and tell him exactly what I am doing.

This does not happen every time, so it is very hit and miss. Sometimeswhen I say "I will just do your trousers up, or I will just dry your feet for you" he replies "I am not stupid you know". Another time he jumps 6 feet and shouts. Can't win. Hope this helps, Connie. (Had not thought about this in ages until you posted).

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
Perhaps if I could be more specific.

I'm wondering how your loved ones would react if you touched them intimately? Dressing of going to the toilet.

It's to do with my legal problems. Without giving too much away it has been alleged that I massaged my mum's left breast. It's all a horrible misunderstanding and misinterpretation of what the nurse had seen.

A former employee of the home has said to me that IF I HAD done that my mum would have shouted and created, got upset and tried to stop me, something which she did NOT do.

Thanks again

karen_white

Apr 21, 2004
Berkshire
I think it's very difficult to determin that.
MY dad does not like to be moved or changed. Taken to the toilet or moving in and out of bed/chair.
But, he does love having his shoulders rubbed and his arms. He also loves having his hair played with when I sit with him. As soon as we try and move him to adjust his position he starts shouting, but generally he loves being touched affectionately.
Sorry that doesn't help.