Should the hairdresser still do mums hair ?

hollycat

Nov 20, 2011
Aunt fell and broke her arm, mum has had a sore arm ever since ! However:

A week later hairdresser visited mum whilst OH and I were grocery shopping. On our return, she claimed the hairdresser had "bent and twisted her arm in and out of her socket and SHE damaged it...etc"

I went to visit the hairdressers next client, to be told that hairdresser arrived and mum had hurt her arm on a door/cupboard prior to the arrival of the hairdresser.

I have no reason to doubt the integrity of the long standing hairdresser. 90% of her work is for the over 60's including CH hairdressing. I have still reported the matter to mums care manager incase the system needs to investigate.

I want to see the hairdresser and explain my mum is now dangerous in the company of any visitor when she makes allegations of this kind. In the interest of you personally and your business, I would prefer it if you didn't come to mum anymore in YOUR best interest.

Question: has anyone had any similar experience's and how did you manage it ?

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
My mother made wild accusations about everybody. I'm afraid there was no problem disbelieving her. Of course - it leaves you slightly uneasy that some may be true. But .... We said Yes and Oh Dear. And moved on.

Miss Merlot

Oct 15, 2012
MIL has been at the same hairdresser for 30 years, and are among the many who have known her a long time and witnessed her decline first-hand. I know they are in the "know" as to what's going on with her, as I contacted them when she was ill last year to cancel her weekly perm appointments for a couple of months, and they'd been very worried that she hadn't shown up two weeks running and wasn't answering her phone, but didn't at the time have our numbers on hand to query it with anyone (they do now).

In your place, the question I would be asking the hairdresser in question is if she is prepared to continue working with your aunt...? Such an accusation (if she was aware of it at the time) may well have left her spooked... I know I would have been!

Last edited:

Robstick

May 4, 2013
I am assuming your mum has dementia as you are posting on here (probably obvious question).
Is your mum at a stage when she accuses people, including yourselves, of 'things'?
If you speak to your mum about it now, does she remember the incident?
Is it possible that the hairdresser is completely innocent in this, or a victim of circumstance?

If your mum doesn't remember but still trusts the hairdresser, I would retain their services, but make sure that someone is in the house on their next visit and observe. By all means make care service aware in case there is a trend.

As none of us can know the circumstances it is hard to judge and only you and other carers will know how to react to the situation with your mum...

In answer to your question I haven't experienced, so far...

best wishes...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet