Should mum see a consultant?

candymostdandy@

May 12, 2006
west sussex
I have noticed a deterioration in mum over the past 4 - 6 weeks.

As I posted before she went wandering a few weeks ago, and this she repeated last week whilst she was at Age Concern Day Care.

Over the past few weeks she forgets to wash, and I even now have to help her with a strip wash, as before she showered every morning usually by herself.

She is becoming more confused, and last night my husband got up to let the cat out at 2 am and found mum wandering about downstairs. When I went to see to her she was fully dressed, with tights and shoes on as well. I am assuming that its the first time this has happened..

Today she got herself ready to go home, insisting that she knew the way to go as she had come that way this morning (the home she was talking about is 1000 miles away in southern italy).... I suggested we had a coffee before she went, by the time coffee finished she had forgotten all about it.

I also got a call on Friday from Age Concern saying that they are referring mum to social services as they are now concerned that they can't guarantee her safety..

Mum hasn't been on any drugs for the last year and until recently has been quite stable, so would seeing a consultant at this stage be of any benefit to her?

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi Candy......Not quite sure of mum's past history, but a visit to the consulatant would cetainly put your mind at ease.

Certainly something is going amiss with mum's awareness of "today". Grab whateverhelp you can. Yesterday is never to soon to start. This is an illness that never stands still.

Please put in placewhatever help you can Love