Should I ?

booziefluziesuzie

Oct 16, 2017
Pontefract
Mum has recently had her CHC Funding removed after 2 1/2 year and I am in the process of appealing the decision - She has been granted the NHS Funding for Nursing Care. I am meeting at the Care Home tomorrow for a review of the NHS Funding (apparently they do this every 3 months?) and the person doing the review is the same person who did mums last CHC DST and who ultimately recommended removing the funding.

Should I speak to her about the CHC Funding, I am worried that if I do I will get angry or upset or both.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You are appealing against an assessment some time ago, mentioning this appeal at the upcoming review is pointless.

Concentrate on the present.
The ultimate outcome of the review can range from reinstating CHC, continuing FNC, or removing FNC, I doubt very much that the later will be done.

Gather as much evidence as you can about your mum's current state and push for a new formal checklist if this is not being done as part of the review.

Last edited:

booziefluziesuzie

Oct 16, 2017
Pontefract
When I had the meeting today it turned out it was a full re-assessment - so had to go through the whole process again only to be told once again that she does not meet the criteria of CHC Funding - I am so tired of this whole process and can no longer go on fighting for mum - I am conceding defeat and giving up on the whole funding issue - mum will be paying the £1015 per week for EMI nursing care and when her money is gone then the local authority can sort it.

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
It is an exceedingly wearing process at a time when relatives are already ground down by the condition of their loved one. I can totally understand how you are so fed up with it.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I am so sorry ... this causes so much upset at the lack of fairness and consistency of criteria applied. Dad was always self funding so I never got involved but at his NH 3 I hear that residents have recently had their CHC funding withdrawn and 1 who...although you can't always know...seems not as bad in several areas has hers continuing.