Shopping lists

Ruth1974

Dec 26, 2018
So. My OH has been in care since September. Since then I have bought him 4 pairs of trainers, 2 pairs of slippers and loads of clothes. A month ago I was given a massive shopping list and set about buying more clothes (he is putting loads of weight on) and crisps, snacks and drinks at their request ( despite the massive weight gain). Tonight I've been asked to stop bringing in snacks because of the massive weight gain and they have sent loads of his clothes home that don't fit him including two coats and a pair of wellies they asked for so he could do gardening and loads of clothes that weren't his despite them having labels with his name on!

Every time I get the phonecall asking for more (or less) stuff I feel disempowered and judged.

That's more of a rant than a question I know...

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hmmmm, I wonder who is deciding what should be on the list @Ruth1974 ? You see, deciding that clothes arent yours despite having your name in them, and asking for things that will never be used (like wellies for gardening when you live in a care home) is very, very typical dementia behaviour. Im wondering whether it is actually your OH who is saying "I need x, y and z" and the carers are accepting this at face value and phoning you up to tell you to buy the stuff.

I would stop buying things at the moment and talk to the manager about this

PS - welcome to Talking Point :)