Shop Around

PeggySmith

Apr 16, 2012
BANES
We've got away with self-certified copies of MIL's LPA but finally needed a solicitor one. We live in a small town within walking distance of two firms of solicitors. OH rang one and they wanted £42.00 to provide two certified copies even though we only wanted one. I rang the second one and they charged us £5.00. That's quite a price difference...

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I live in London and even here the regular price for a certified copy is only £5! What a cheek of the first solicitor!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
An LPA is around 15 sheets, each sheet except the last one has to have

“I certify this is a true and complete copy of the corresponding page of the original lasting power of attorney.”

written at the bottom.

The last sheet has to have

“I certify this is a true and complete copy of the lasting power of attorney.”

Each sheet has also to be signed and dated.

I reckon £5 is a real bargain for 15 sheets, a will could be 2 or 3 sheets.

snowygirl

Jan 9, 2014
I recently went to get a few certified copies of my parents LPA's. I was charged £5 a copy but the solicitor said that she would only sign the top page for this and to see if 'I could get away with this' with the companies that had asked for said copies. She said that if every page needed signing then it would be £5 a page. On this occasion she signed the top page of 7 LPAs and charged me £35. She said if I needed each page copied to go back to her and she would do me a special deal!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
orange77