shiela

Shiela

Mar 26, 2015
help my husband is still refusing to shower and shave and over the last few days he has been getting stroppy with me. Today he undressed then wouldn't get in the shower and he swore at me, I got him dressed again and into his chair and now he is sat brooding any ideas plz

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Sheila my hubby was like that he went 10days without a shower, l was so stressed out trying so hard to get him to shower, then he started to have a shower 2 or 3 times a night, now sleeping pills stop that phase, you might find it is just a phase, if he won't shower tell him he smells thats what l told my hubby, it did work good luck, l know it is not easy

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Hello Sheila my hubby was like that he went 10days without a shower, l was so stressed out trying so hard to get him to shower, then he started to have a shower 2 or 3 times a night, now sleeping pills stop that phase, you might find it is just a phase, if he won't shower tell him he smells thats what l told my hubby, it did work good luck, l know it is not easy

oh so sorry yes mother smells, and yeas have had to tell my husband he smells....

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hi Sheila, it's not easy is it. Have you had an Adult Social Services assessment? Maybe you could have carers to come in and help him to shower. He might be more cooperative with them.
xxxxxxxxxx

Shiela

Mar 26, 2015
thanks for the support yes we have had an assessment but he is not willing for someone to come in to help but I think I may have to push this as I am struggling now

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Guess it's a battle you're going to have to fight at sometime Shiela:( Best of luck.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx