1. Shiela

Shiela Registered User

Mar 26, 2015
    help my husband is still refusing to shower and shave and over the last few days he has been getting stroppy with me. Today he undressed then wouldn't get in the shower and he swore at me, I got him dressed again and into his chair and now he is sat brooding any ideas plz

2. pamann

pamann Registered User

Oct 28, 2013
    Kent
    Hello Sheila my hubby was like that he went 10days without a shower, l was so stressed out trying so hard to get him to shower, then he started to have a shower 2 or 3 times a night, now sleeping pills stop that phase, you might find it is just a phase, if he won't shower tell him he smells thats what l told my hubby, it did work good luck, l know it is not easy

3. patsy56

patsy56 Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Fife Scotland
    oh so sorry yes mother smells, and yeas have had to tell my husband he smells....

4. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    Hi Sheila, it's not easy is it. Have you had an Adult Social Services assessment? Maybe you could have carers to come in and help him to shower. He might be more cooperative with them.
    xxxxxxxxxx

5. Shiela

Shiela Registered User

Mar 26, 2015
    thanks for the support yes we have had an assessment but he is not willing for someone to come in to help but I think I may have to push this as I am struggling now

6. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    Guess it's a battle you're going to have to fight at sometime Shiela:( Best of luck.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx