shiela

Shiela

Mar 26, 2015
I wonder if anyone can help my husband has IBS and we have had a couple of incidents where he has lost control before he got to the toilet, is there any particular foods that trigger IBS, or any other advice please

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hi,

I have suffered IBS for over 20 years and have never found a food affects me every time I eat it. I have tried over the years eliminating a certain group of foods for a while and again IBS stays the same.

I do think stress is a big factor for me. the first 10 years was stress within my job and 3 months before retirement my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's so there was no stress free tetirement for me. The second 10 years was with me caring for my husband at home for seven years and then in a nursing home. Wonderful care but like we all see some terrible ups and downs and dreadful infections taking them to the brink, the stress never goes away.

For your husband it could be stress from trying to cope with all the changes he is experiencing and how knotted up inside he must feel as control is taken away by the dementia. I wish I had an answer for you but nothing I tried worked for me. The doctor has always prescribed for me but again not really worked so now I take nothing.

Not much use to you is it, I have no remedy, sorry.