She's smiling!

judyjudy

Mar 19, 2008
west sussex
Dear All
Its been an age since I posted and I wanted to bring you all up to date...
She has settled!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it and the proof was that last week I saw her smile and laugh. I haven't seen this for over a year or more. It was a real grin. She is still really confused and muddled but settled.
I have nothing but praise for the NH she is in, in Oxted, Surrey. If anyone wants info let me know. The company that run it have others all over the country and if the rest are like this one, I wouldn't hesitate. The staff are wonderful and seem to have all the time in the world for the residents. It is now a joy (almost!) to go and visit.
I am so relieved for her. All I wanted was for her to be safe, calm, settled and happy... and she seems to be all that.
Thank you all for yours help, advice, virtual hugs etc. I will continue to keep you updated from time to time.
Judy

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Judy,

Thank you for such a wonderful, positive post. You will, of course, have your ups and downs, such is the nature of the illness.

Enjoy today......sounds as if mum is too.:)

I am glad that you have found somewhere that you can be comfortable with. The staff sound really great. Look after yourself, keep us updated on mum, and try to get some 'quality time' together.

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Judy,

I am so pleased for you. What a wonderful feeling to know that your Mum is in such a lovely place and so happy - and so well cared for. I wish you many happy visits to your Mum.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Judy, thanks for your post.

I'm so glad you are happy with the NH, it makes such a difference when you have confidence in the staff. I hope things continue to go well.

I wonder if the NH is part of the same chain my John's is in? I know all their homes are run on the same lines, and everything seems to be well thought out.

Love,