She's all packed!

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
So less than 24 hours till we get on that plane for our holiday we did not think would happen this year. The MIL is all packed for respite care tomorrow, I reckon she had enough knickers to start a knicker factory (and yes she had got me to buy new ones to take with her!). She has her calendar to mark off the days (if she can keep track of them) - not sure that the offer of her spare incontinence pads was something that I really needed but the thought was there! Just pray its not too rainy for the next 12 days! Ah well we get of the "Rock" that is Guernsey! Yipppeeeee!

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
We are going to send a couple of postcards an idea I got off TP - my OH who usually is not the most accepting of some of my ideas (they are a bit whacky on occasions) thought this was a great idea. Thanks all

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
thanks all the MIL went into respite care surprisingly well! She kept commenting how plush and quiet it was and how there was no screaming! Not sure what she was envisaging but she was quite happy in her hosting mode with all the carers popping into to say hello - anyway we got off the Rock without any problems and day one done! Absolutely shattered though!