1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    I have had some contact with Sheila in the last week or so, and she has said I could put brief details onto TP for anyone who has wondered about her absence.

Sheila has been going through a really awful time in that her aunt (her late Mum's sister) has been very ill - not AD - but very frightening for her Aunt, who was aware of everything which was happening to her and therefore hugely distressing for her nearest & dearest also. Sheila's Aunt has now died. During all this, Sheila has felt unable to contribute to Talking Point, and I'm sure everyone will understand she needs some 'time off'.

Whilst I appreciate that there are many here who have known her much longer than I, and who are personal friends, I'm sure I speak for everyone who has read and benefited from Sheila's kindness, warmth and gentle humour in sending her Best Wishes and peace after a time of such turmoil.

God Bless, She

2. Dawnb

Dawnb Registered User

Mar 2, 2005
    dublin
    Thinking of you at this very sad time Sheila, will say a special prayer for you.
    Dawn

3. Nutty Nan

Nutty Nan Registered User

Nov 2, 2003
    Buckinghamshire
    For Sheila

Sheila, I HAVE missed you and your regular contributions, and am very sorry to hear that on this occasion, no news is not equal to good news.
    All the hugs you have dished out to us over the months are coming back to you now, and will hopefully cheer you up a little.
    Day by day - best wishes!!!

4. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Sheila, you are one in a million. Take all the time you need, but we do miss you. Love Connie

5. Jude

Jude Registered User

My thoughts are with you too, Sheila.

Jude xx

6. May

May Registered User

Oct 15, 2005
    Yorkshire
    Sending good wishes Sheila, you were so welcoming when I first posted
    Hugs{{{{{}}}}

7. Dave W

Dave W Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Bucks
    A million hugs

Sheila, you've been an absolute paragon for me the last few months, and sorry to hear life is being so difficult. You're definitely in my thoughts, and I hope the proverbial 'sunshine after the rain' puts in an appearance for you soon.

Dave

8. carol

carol Registered User

Jun 24, 2004
    Surrey/Hampshire
    My thoughts are with you and your family Sheila.

God bless.

Carolx

9. widget

widget Registered User

Jul 18, 2005
    Lincs
    I had been wondering where Sheila had gone... I'm so sorry for your loss Sheila, sending you a big hug. xx

10. katieberesford

katieberesford Registered User

May 5, 2005
    south wales
    Sheila I am sending you a big hug and lots of kisses at this sad time. I will keep you in my prayers.

Katiexx

11. mandyp

mandyp Registered User

Oct 20, 2004
    Glasgow
    While I don't post often, I'm often reading other people's posts and Sheila's are always full of kindness and understanding...my thoughts are with her at this sad time.

12. purchase

purchase Registered User

Aug 31, 2005
    England
    Dear Sheila

So sorry to hear of your sad loss. You have been so kind to me in the past and so wise. Take care and look after yourself.

Jacky

13. Linda Mc

Linda Mc Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Nr Mold
    Sheila I too want to add my love and support.

Linda x

14. twink

twink Registered User

Oct 28, 2005
    Cambridgeshire UK
    Me too Sheila, you were lovely and also very helpful when I started posting and I know you are the same to absolutely everyone here.

Thinking of you.

Love Twink/Sue

15. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Sheila,
    So sorry to hear of your loss.

I can only echo everyone else and thank you for your great warmth and kindness for others.

Joanne

16. Sheila

Sheila Registered User

Oct 23, 2003
    West Sussex
    Hi everyone, my aunt's funeral was today. I am still pretty shell shocked so will not be in evidence that much for a while, but I wanted to say a big thank you to all of you for your kind thoughts and words. They mean a great deal to me. I have not been able to read all the threads that have appeared while I was off line, but will try to pick up where I can, so if I get it wrong, please forgive me! Hope you are all OK and that your loved ones are too. Lotsaluv, She. XX