Sharon's journey is over

rjm

Jun 19, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sharon passed away last night, peacefully, in bed beside me. Around 2:30 her breathing was becoming laboured so I cuddled her and stroked her face, around 2:50 I realised she was no longer breathing. Our children and grandchildren, and Sharon's mum, sisters, and brother are all here for the weekend. It was the best way to end this journey, it is good to know she will never suffer again.

This is us, over our 33 years together.

Attachments

• us then and now.jpg
    us then and now.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 734

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I am so very sorry for your sad loss but what a beautiful way for your wife to die. Beside the person you love and who loves you. I cannot think of a better way. Now she has lost her pain and is at peace. Your photos are lovely and tell their own story. My deep sympathy X

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Richard, I am sorry to read your sad news. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

turbo

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
Dear Richard

The long-lasting love expressed in those two photos says it all.

Peace to you and to all your family and friends. A long journey, and a hard one at times - but one that has been travelled hand in hand.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Richard I'm so sorry to hear your news about Sharon. The pictures are just lovely and tell a poignant story. How wonderful that Sharon died with you present. My respect and condolences to you at this sad time. Deborah

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
I'm so sorry for your loss Richard. How comforting though that Sharon passed as she lived, surrounded by your arms and your love. x
My condolences to you and your family.
Lin x

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Thank-you for sharing such precious images, clearly a love that endures. Glad she could drift away cradled in the arms of that love.

I wish you peace and comfort in the days ahead and my deepest condolences.

Stephanie, xxx

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
I'm sorry to read this, her passing does sound very peaceful and surrounded by love.

Your photos are lovely to see.

X

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Dear Richard, I am sorry for your loss. No longer suffering. I am pleased Sharon's journey ended in the best of possible ways and that you are all together to support one another in your grief. Thinking of you.
Sue
x

gringo

Feb 1, 2012
UK.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;

I feel it, when I sorrow most;
Tis better to have loved and lost

Than never to have loved at all.

Alfred Lord Tennyson. In Memoriam:27, 1850:

If ever there can be such a thing as a lovely death, this was it.

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Dear Richard,
No more suffering for Sharon. I am glad all the family is there with you. You stood by Sharon through thick and thin, til death do ye part. Magnificent care, magnificent partnership (both of you) and outstanding courage and bravery. You stand tall as an example of how dementia care can be.

Nonetheless I send my sincere sympathy to you and all of the family. Sharon pulled a short straw, but at least the fight is over.

Thinking of you, BE

Kathphlox

Dec 16, 2009
Bolton
I'm so sorry Richard...My condolences to you and the family.

You made Sharon's life the best it could be, right up to the end, those photos are very touching, thank you for sharing them with us who have/had similar journeys.

meme

Aug 29, 2011
London
I am so sorry for your loss of Sharon. The photos are lovely and your love for each other always shone so bright from your posts here.