Shared Lives

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Has anyone else had experience of 'Shared Lives' care? We are being offered this by SS three afternoons a week when the person allocated to my husband will come and either sit with him at home, take him back to their house or take him out somewhere. Once it is clear he is happy with the 'Shared Lives' carer and vice versa then they will also have him to stay at their house for respite. It is a scheme run by six neighbouring authorities here in SE Wales, but wondered if it is offered anywhere else and if anyone has experience? We are in the paperwork phase so hasn't started yet. I work full time from home whilst being my husband's full time carer but he is very restless in the afternoons making it really hard to work so I'm hoping this service will work.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Jinx l haven't heard of shared lives here in Kent, sounds good, it must be very difficult for you to work in the afternoons, l find it the worse time of day because of Sundowning, l hope it goes well for you☺

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Wishing you both well with the "Shared Lives" care, Jinx. Hope it is successful and gives you a little bit more peace of mind.