Seven years of hell - a cautionary tale?

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by KMH, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Karen22

Karen22 Registered User

Nov 3, 2012
    Right back atcha, @Karen22. Sounds like you have done an amazing job for your Dad and you managed to get him living near you. Please prioritise your own health.[/QUOTE]
    I am trying but difficult to do at times. I wish I could be cloned so I could visit dad more often. As it is we have come up to Nottinghamshire to sort out more in his bungalow which is for sale. It will help so much when it's sold and we don't keep having to stay for a few nights to check it.
    Karen

2. Karen22

Karen22 Registered User

Nov 3, 2012
    I think we expect a lot from ourselves and, when a parent is self-funding, we get no help from social services. My dad put me under no end of stress after my mum died with his lies and dalliance with another woman which had been going on for a long time. Now all this with him in a nursing home is still ongoing which leaves me no energy for anything else.
    Karen