Serious Issues

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Following on from having had to attend three hearings at the Court of Protection in London and whilst I successfully have won my case in my Mum remaining living here with me, I have severe worries about the draft court orders issued since. I have seen and commented on these relating to Mums enforced contact with my sister, and also of the proposed future handling of my Mums finances. My concerns have been ignored.

How do I put in an official complaint to the Court of Protection about these issues? I thought perhaps I now contact the OPG as its all supposedly come to a conclusion but on their website it seems I have to contact COP but it doesn't seem to say anywhere how one puts in a complaint and on what form?

Any ideas? I just want to get on with our lives after the hellish journey we've been put through the past few months but these court orders have been rushed through and are so ill thought out, it beggars belief that these are so called professionals dealing with this. I really can't take much more and the euphoria of winning the case and Mum remaining with me has been somewhat clouded (to say the least) by all of this and I just don't know what to do and really haven't got the strength to fight these people anymore who just have not thought things through whatsoever.

Last edited:

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Thank you. The trouble is a) the phone rings forever cutting off at 21 minutes each time necessitating several calls and b) the staff are poorly trained and inefficient so that you can be given conflicting information dependent on who you talk to. During the awful process Mum and I had to go through we were continually given incorrect information by these people.

I just want to make one phone call and get the correct information and get this sorted once and for all but I know in these days that's way too much to ask lol!!!

Last edited:

arielsmelody

Jul 16, 2015
I'm not sure there is a process for 'putting in a complaint' regarding a court order - I think you might have to make an application to the court to vary the order. I think you need to speak to a solicitor to get advice on what your options are and how to go forward.

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
I have phoned and explained the situation to the OPG as its now with them rather than COP and they agree with me about my concerns and are going to look into it and phone back. Watch this space!!

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
I have phoned and explained the situation to the OPG as its now with them rather than COP and they agree with me about my concerns and are going to look into it and phone back. Watch this space!!

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Update

So when I got home from taking Mum for a drive along the river and a coffee at the garden centre, I discovered a message from the OPG office to say they had made contact with someone dealing with my case and they would either phone or respond to my email this afternoon.

And what transpired from that? Nothing!! I totally despair as to what to do.

The SW hasn't responded to my email re the appalling situation of last weeks contact session between Mum and my sister where she left, when she should have observed the session, and I got home to find my mum uncontrollably shaking and sobbing.

The Interim Deputy has left us without any money whatsoever. That in itself is bad enough but I have arranged a removal firm to collect all Mums furniture and clothing which my sister has previously refused to return so I had to get a court order to force the issue, but now being left without any money cannot afford to get it removed. Its all a total shambles.

Plus a family friend has now offered to apply for deputyship instead of getting a panel deputy and they will not respond to whether they would be in agreement with this!!! And people wonder why I'm upset and stressed!!

Last edited:

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
It's just an on going nightmare, I wish I could help.Why no money, there is no justice in that.
You are being so strong for your mum, I hope something resolves soon.

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Apparently they are going to close all mums bank accounts and put all the money into the LAs account who are the appointed interim deputy for a while. I have serious concerns about this as we all know banks can go under and should that happen the government only insure up to 80,000 and there is far in excess of this.

They inform me it will be some weeks to close all the bank accounts, to open a new one and to transfer all monies into that account. They are then unsure how mum and I get that money on a weekly basis!! They have decided I can have a small amount for Mums board and lodging and Mum some pocket money each week. This is way below the amount she currently needs and nowhere near the amount that the combined pension and AA is going into her current account at the moment of which I had been Appointee for that account.

Its just crazy as I had already frozen all the other accounts apart from her current account due to my sisters mishandling of Mums money previously for which there is a police investigation. Why cant they just leave everything where it is until a permanent deputy is in place?

Incidentally, I could not be appointed as deputy as my sister would've contested it and the case would have dragged on even longer costing Mum more money as believe it or not, all costs were charged to Mum!! Tens of thousands of pounds!! The court also wanted to protect me from any future hassle from my sister so unfortunately a panel deputy will be appointed although a family friend and neighbour has come forward and offered but my questions as to whether they would consider this has gone unanswered!;

Last edited:

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
It seems the whole world's mad and nothing makes sense any more. But this will obviously leave you out of court.

Your sister had some serious baf karma coming. I do actually believe what goes around comes around and sooner or later she will get what she deserves.

This seems just plain wrong to me, I cannot understand why you are being made to suffer because of your sister.

I hope someone comes along with some useful ideas soon. Nothing except support on offer from me.

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Your support is very much appreciated Bemused1. I will phone up the OPG again in the morning if I cant get hold of the LA interim woman. Trouble is just about everyone I deal with is either off sick, on holiday, having a baby or not at their desk!

Unsure about Karma as it seems to me in my experience those that do wrong just keep coming up smelling of roses all the time and never have anything horrible happen to them!!

Last edited:

arielsmelody

Jul 16, 2015
Apparently they are going to close all mums bank accounts and put all the money into the LAs account who are the appointed interim deputy for a while. I have serious concerns about this as we all know banks can go under and should that happen the government only insure up to 80,000 and there is far in excess of this. ....

I wonder if the money is going into a Court Funds Office account? If so, that's a bit different from a standard bank account - I think it is guaranteed by the government but the interest rate is very low.

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
No the LA are opening up a temporary new account with Barclays for her. Its not going into court funds. I dont mind about interest rates being low anyway as really don't want the worry or even more monies mounting up!! I do want them to act responsibly however and keep it safe. The root of all evil it really is. X

Last edited: