• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

sept 21

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I am sorry to hear that you have been so poorly @PalSal and I hope you are feeling more like your normal self soon. The cake and lemon souffle that you are making for Nick's birthday celebrations sound wonderful and I hope everyone has the best day possible. When my husband was still alive I remember how friends fell away as his dementia progressed - but there was one who stayed firm throughout it all - such friends are so precious.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I am sorry that you were ill @PalSal but I am glad that Nicks old friend has stayed in touch. Dad had a friend who always visited him every couple of weeks, they grew up in the same road and went school together so were lifelong friends. His friend is almost 91 now and I am ever thankful for him and hope to see him see him soon. A lovely man.

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
NIck had a nice birthday. The staff decorated his room with balloons and at tea time we had cake and lemon souffle with Nick's visiting old friend. It was a pretty good visit. He was beautifully groomed for his birthday as I had told him he would have a special visitor. They did a good job. He was a bit restless as it begins that time of day for him. 15:00 ish is the start of the sundowning anxiety.
I am grateful he is there, it has been very hard for him. But they do as good a job as they can, and I must bring the love each day. He is very sensitive now and anything too loud or multiple stimuli are just too much for him.
He is settled now. It took 6 months.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Glad Nick had a good birthday and that he has settled in the home. I hope you are starting to settle into your 'new' life too.

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
My new life.....well it is a strange life. Really living alone for the first time in my life. It is an adjustment. It would not be so strange if it were not for COVID but with the restrictions on daily living , I like so many of us, feel pretty isolated. I am glad I saw so much of the world as a young person. Because now I feel that it will probably not be a world of travel like it was.