sept 21

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
I am so very sorry to hear this. I had followed your journey on here, and often think of all of us on TP keeping each other virtual company. Please accept my condolences.

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
I am so sorry to hear that your dear husband Nick has died and it cuts my heart a little bit when I hear such news, especially having followed your story for a number of years and felt for your and your families suffering. Life can be uplifting as you so eloquently describe but it can also be a vale of tears and both shine through your journey. My condolences to you.

MAMMYGRANNY

Jan 26, 2016
Dear PalSal,
Please accept my most heartfelt condolences on the death of your darling Nick. Like many others I have followed your story over the years, all the love and kindness you put into caring for Nick at home for so many years and finally into his last few months in the care home. I am behind you on the journey and your kindness to your husband has given me something to aim for whenever things are getting too much. I wish for peace and comfort for you in your loss Pal Sal.

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
Thank you all for your thoughts and condolences. I am so thankful that I found this site , Talking Point. I know each of you understands Nick's path with the disease, and all the understanding and support I found here.

None the Wiser

Feb 3, 2020
Dear Talking Point Friends,
My Nick died on July 19, 2021. He was alone, as I had gone home to sleep after sitting with him for over 12 hours. My youngest and second child both got to say goodbye. The two kids in Norway never managed to come because of restrictions. They will be coming to the Celebration of Life in Sept., as by then they will both have had their second vaccines. It was not an easy death and he had considerable pain. Dearest man, nothing seems very fair. He was 68 on April 14th.
Even though I had hoped and prayed for him to be released from this difficult worldly existence, it was still unbearably sad and painful that he is now gone.
Thankfully, he had lived a full life by the time he was struck with the disease at 49. He made the best of it for as long as he could, he was very brave as in the beginning he was so aware of having the disease. I want to remember the great adventurer, loving father and husband, kind and gentle man. I hope I can eventually remember him as he was when strong and capable, at the moment my visions are of him as lost, anxious, unwell and dying.
His brain was taken to verify the disease and to help in research. He was then cremated.

Thank you TP friends who have given me great advice and comfort here since 2011 when I found the site, desperate for support in English and for others trying to do their best in a hopeless situation.
@PalSal
I’m so sorry to hear the news of Nick‘s death. I haven’t been on the forum for awhile since my husband went into care as I’m finding it so very difficult.
i just want to send you empathy and hugs. I totally understand that you want to get to the point where you can remember Nick before this dreadful disease. I am on the same journey as you and hope I can find half your strength. Thank you for all your posts they have been invaluable. Take care.