Sensors being put in any ideas what to tell mum

Anniebell

Jan 31, 2015
Hi things have been getting worse for mum we had to have rapid response team in and they want to put a sensor in every room to monitor mums activity, ( she lives alone) and I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas as what to tell mum.i was thinking about taking her out while they were being installed but if she notices them and I'm sure she will what do I tell her

When we had the door sensor on months ago she kept going on about being kept prisoner in her own home and I don't want this to cause any distress for mum
Thanks Annie x

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
New government initiative, better smoke/fire alarms in all rooms. Fires can be caused by electrical faults in wiring, there does not need to be an open flame.

CaringDaughter

Sep 22, 2013
Hi things have been getting worse for mum we had to have rapid response team in and they want to put a sensor in every room to monitor mums activity, ( she lives alone) and I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas as what to tell mum.i was thinking about taking her out while they were being installed but if she notices them and I'm sure she will what do I tell her

When we had the door sensor on months ago she kept going on about being kept prisoner in her own home and I don't want this to cause any distress for mum
Thanks Annie x

It depends on what the sensors look like. Could you arrange a visit from the local fire brigade (there's usually someone who deals with home safety for older folk) and then tell her they are smoke detectors? Have a word with the officer first to ensure he or she explains there are different types and they look different, and if the (real) detectors are being offered free that may be an incentive for your Mum to agree.

Anniebell

Jan 31, 2015
Thanks nitram and caringDaughter why oh why didn't I think of that my hubby recently retired fire fighter !!! he makes sure mums alarms are working he could just say he's got one of his mates to put the new ones in feel a bit of a fool now Can't see the wood for the trees sometimes have good day
Thanks Annie x