Selfish Offspring

thompsonsom

Jul 4, 2004
halifax
Hi All on TP

Merry christmas to all and a happy new year.

My mother in law has 7 kids and at least 3 would prefer her to be put away in a nursing home instead of living here in our home with her son and daughter in law. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!! Jealousy?
Guilt? or what? I can not understandy why.

She has finally been prescribed Aricept and it has made a lot of difference.
Last weekend we took her to our local liberal club and she really enjoyed herself, her late husband used to be a committee man there and lots of people know her and were coming up to her and saying how nice it was to see her. To them she seems normal and are quite suprised when we tell them she has AD. She managed a game of bingo and danced to a couple of songs and has never shut up about it since. She keeps asking when we are going again and we have promised to take her boxing day night.
My sister in law is an alcoholic although would strongly deny it, she has not been to see her mother now for over 3 months or sent chrismas present or card and when she rings up when the guilt gets too much she ends up slagging my husband and myself off saying stupid stuff like we are stopping her from seeing her mother, we have never done this, every member of the family is welcome to visit their mother here or pick her up and take her out but they can't cope with this they want us to fail and say we can't cope but the more they throw at us the more determined we become to struggle on.
Only good thing if there is anything good about AD is at least mum doesnt know, she saw a picture of her youngest daughter last night and said thats my friend, i havent seen her for a long time.
jan

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Jan
i was very pleased to read how you took Mother in law out to the club,and how she enjoyed it.
It's good that she remembered the evening,do take her out as often as you can it may help to keep her memories going a little longer.
Wish her a happy Xmas from us all at TP and the same to you
Norman

ps. let us know how she enjoys Boxing night

thompsonsom

Jul 4, 2004
halifax
Hi All

Hope you all had a good day today.

We enjoyed it and apart from 1 little aggressive episode probably due to excitement of day all went well.
Missing sibling popped in for half an hour, didn't speak to her at all, good job she didn't put on the waterworks otherwise i might have let rip, couldn't come on her own though came with older brother, brought mum a box of biscuits as xmas present, does she think i don't supply biscuits, have a cupboard full.
mum still asking when we are going to club again, told her tommorrow night snow permitting.
Best wishes to all.

Jan

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Jan
I think every on else is in bed except you and me.
Glad the day went ok for you and hope Mum has a good time tomorrow evening
Norman

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi Jan and Norm, sorry not to have got on line, bit hectic, had elderlys plus 7 to get on table plus buffet and usual in between on christmas day then arms and wheelchair bound x 2 & 1 elderly boxing day. No excuse I know as Mum is gone and I was just dealing with usual, plus physical probs this year, so sorry to you all. Hope your visit to club went well Jan, and that you had as good a christmas as you can Norm, my love and thoughts are with you and everyone else on TP right now, love She. XX