Self harm and aggression

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
OH has started self-harming with constant head and body punching and hair wrentching. Over last couple of months, getting more frequent and now happening all day. I understand it's part of the frustration and angst but it's giving me the ***** BIG time.

I've tried all the tricks in the box - even doing it to myself to try and illustrate the damned useless stupidity and pain of it all - but it continues. I keep out of the firing line - luckily - but all it will take is one hit on me and I'm outta here. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. Not ever again.

Right now he's covered in self-inflicted bruises. I'll be the one locked up for abuse as he doesn't remember he's the one who's done it. Right now that seems like a good idea. Me in a small cell somewhere - alone in peace. Oh yeah.

GP appointment Tuesday but if we get that far I'll be amazed.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
just be careful @AbbyGee could he have some padding on his hands so he cant pull hair and the damage is minimal. doctors know that older people bruise a lot more easily, my husband doesnt have to do anything to get a bruise and hes not on blood thinners.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
OK, just an idea: take some videos of him doing it on your phone. It will be very useful if you are ever accused.

Make sure you keep yourself safe till Tuesday then lay it on the line for the GP. Use your video evidence! If things escalate before then, I think you need to ring 999/111 or SS emergency mental health crisis team (or whatever it's called) and get him sectioned.

You know this is going to end badly - please be prepared. (You do sound like you are! I take my hat off to you and hope things calm down.)

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
He's started to be sly with it and doing the bish-bash-bosh when my back's turned. I know the sound of fist on head even from a distance but can't get it on video. Is it some attention-seeking - like a spoiled bratling? My reaction now is to ignore it and not make a fuss but even that doesn't make much difference. I have some film of other bizarre behaviour. Think I'll see if I can email the GP (whose hours are very limited) to give a run down of what I won't have time to go through. And talking *about* the OH when he's in the room seems so, so wrong like treating him as if he's invisible.
I'm beyond tired and not making much sense so will shortly start the cajoling to beddy-byes in the hope that tomorrow will be brighter.