Self assessment form....

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Just received the forms. I was under the impression they only took other half financial details, so why asking for all my bank and saving details.........should I fill these bits in on not.please advise...

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I would say not unless you are claiming something for yourself. When we had a care assessment last year my financial details were never requested and would not have been given if they were.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
You do not need to disclose your accounts and savings....I mean the ones that are "Solely" in your name. If you have joint accounts, then they will need to know, however only 50% of the balance is to be taken into consideration.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Just received the forms. I was under the impression they only took other half financial details, so why asking for all my bank and saving details.........should I fill these bits in on not.please advise...

No, no and no! I was told that they asked for these in case I was eligible for Pension Credit. I said I knew I wasn't. End of discussion!

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Thanks for reassurance. The social worker said they only take my o/h details so was surprised to see the form.....

Beannie

Aug 17, 2015
East Midlands

As Scarlett123 says absolutely NO NO NO. They should not be asking about any savings etc in your name. All they can legally have access to is your OH's own finances, or anything in joint names. The only time as far as my experience goes when you have to disclose your finances is if your OH is claiming ESA income based.