1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Self assessment form....

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by keegan2, Jan 18, 2016.

1. keegan2

keegan2 Registered User

Jan 11, 2015
    Just received the forms. I was under the impression they only took other half financial details, so why asking for all my bank and saving details.........should I fill these bits in on not.please advise...

2. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    I would say not unless you are claiming something for yourself. When we had a care assessment last year my financial details were never requested and would not have been given if they were.

3. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    You do not need to disclose your accounts and savings....I mean the ones that are "Solely" in your name. If you have joint accounts, then they will need to know, however only 50% of the balance is to be taken into consideration.

4. Scarlett123

Scarlett123 Registered User

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex

No, no and no! I was told that they asked for these in case I was eligible for Pension Credit. I said I knew I wasn't. End of discussion!

5. keegan2

keegan2 Registered User

Jan 11, 2015
    Thanks for reassurance. The social worker said they only take my o/h details so was surprised to see the form.....

6. Beannie

Beannie Registered User

Aug 17, 2015
    East Midlands
    As Scarlett123 says absolutely NO NO NO. They should not be asking about any savings etc in your name. All they can legally have access to is your OH's own finances, or anything in joint names. The only time as far as my experience goes when you have to disclose your finances is if your OH is claiming ESA income based.