Seizure..............

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Well last night was traumatic as you know other half is refusing food and medicine apart from some cereal and a chocolate cake all else failed and at 2000 he had a seizure the ambulance came and was taken to the hospital. My eldest stepson went with him a, due to lack of food and medication not being taken he had a seizure (scary is an understatement, little man was sitting with him at time, quickly got him out before medics arrived). Came back home at 2 am exhausted and sedated. Doctors have now recommended he take Haloperidol (can't get him to take any drugs so another one is added). Have to wait till tomorrow when doctors surgery opens. They could not do all the tests as he was to distressed and they did not want to agravate situation so we will have to make day time appointments. Doctor said other half is at stage 7 in the disease. Managed to get him to eat a sandwich before we put him to bed fortunately he was so sedated and then given mirtizapine he is knocked out and still sleeping. Don't know what today will bring thank you god for giving me my wonderful sons who were all here with me last night when it all happened. I know I said this year would be tough did not expect it all to start this quickly. My head is in a spin over how quickly things have declined since November.....

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
So sorry to hear you have had such an awful start to the new year, l cannot understand the hospital sending your hubby home, it will be so difficult for you, you will need some help get in touch with SS tomorrow. Sending you a big ((((Hug))))

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
We all hoped for better outcomes this year for you but it seems it is not to be. Your poor husband is in torment and if indeed he is in late stages then he may well be released from all of this. What cruelty this disease brings.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
So sorry to hear this. I know how scary it can be to see someone having a seizure, especially someone with dementia. Hopefully it will not have had any permanent effects. It may be that, if only you can get the eating sorted out, at least to some extent, he will not have seizures very often if at all.

Personally, I think that he will be better off back at home. Hospitals are not good places for PWD.

notsogooddtr

Jul 2, 2011
So sorry to hear what you're going through.There should be a duty social worker available today if things get out of control.Also out of hours Drs,999 if necessary.I agree with Stanley that home is better than hospital but only if you can cope,your situation sounds volatile,please be ready to ask for help.