Seek help for my brother

sally28

Apr 7, 2008
Hi,

This is Sally. Today I came here and joined for discussing my brother's memory problem. From last 2 months he is suffering with loss of memory. He is 32 now. Earlier we didn't gave much importance for it, as we thought it's a common problem as he used to forget taking money with him while going outside, getting confused while answering anything and sometimes also getting rude. We thought he might be under some stressful situation in his office what he can overcome. But the situation is started to getting beyond limit when he even forgot to take lunch sometimes. Immediately after that we consulted with doctor and he said that my brother is suffering with Alzheimer's. Our entire family has got tremendous upset as he is now only 32 and having a 4 years old daughter.

I have heard that Curcumin Extract is quite effective in Alzheimer. Could you please tell me where I can get it? Can it be taken along with his other prescribed medicines? Please suggest.

CHESS

May 14, 2006
LANCS.
Dear Sally28,
Sorry, but I have never heard of this. Maybe someone else has but, in any event, I could not advise taking something without the consent of your brother's doctor.

I am so sorry to hear about your brother's illness. You are welcome here on TP anytime.

Best wishes,

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Sally, welcome to TP.

Like CHESS I have never heard of Curcumin Extract, although maybe someone else has.

Please tell us a little more about your brother. How was the diagnosis made, especially in someone so young. What stage is he deemed to be at?, has he been prescribed any medication to help?

Yes, it does sound like we are nosey, but need to have a bigger picture beforewe can maybe offer help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL