Seeing fields of color

Debbie French

Feb 14, 2020
My mother says that often when she first wakes, and looks up at the ceiling, she sees bright fields of color, sometimes blue, colors change. Later it is gone. Recently she told me about seeing Kroger receipts on the floor, went to pick them up and they weren't there. Has any one had such experiences?

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Debbie French
a warm welcome to DTP
I'm not surprised about the colours, as ways of seeing and processing what is seen can be affected, though my dad never mentioned such a thing .... but he did often bend down to pick up bits from the carpet that just weren't there, and that seems to be quite a common symptom ... it botheted me at times as he wasn't always steady getting back up from kneeeling down

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
My mother says that often when she first wakes, and looks up at the ceiling, she sees bright fields of color, sometimes blue, colors change. Later it is gone. Recently she told me about seeing Kroger receipts on the floor, went to pick them up and they weren't there. Has any one had such experiences?
Years ago I was a volunteer with a group of people who had macular degeneration, a condition of the eyes causing some vision loss. One thing that some of them talked about was seeing various colors and lines being distorted so it could be worth a check. Otherwise your mum could be having some hallucinations.

PauseGame

Feb 1, 2020
My dad sometimes sees what he calls purple or yellow flowers on things...it happens on and off out of nowhere, hes seen blue patterns and flowers on the ceiling some nights, the psychiatrist is aware of it but has no clue why it happens? I've read somewhere I'm sure that lewy body dementia can cause colourful hallucinations....but it could also be macular degeneration...my dads cataracts have gotten worse in the past year too....its a strange one..