Section 3 to Dols

Blodann

Feb 17, 2020
Hi , I am new on here , I am very concerned that my Husband, is in a dementia hospital He has been placed under section 3 nearly 6 months . Had a phone call to say has been taken off section 3 put on to Dols . I have poa and I am in the Hospital everyday where the team are based so why wasn’t I informed of this before they changed it. Also there was a meeting planned and that was cancelled . I feel very suspicious can anyone help me please the worry of everything is making me so depressed. Thank you

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
DOLS is a step down from section 3.

Why are you suspicious? Tell us about what is specifically worrying you.

be kind to yourself

Blodann

Feb 17, 2020
Hi Jessbow, I am worried ? as I think the only reason my husband has been put in to Dols and off sec3 . Is so we would have to fund and not the nhs ? When I visit my husband there don’t seem to be any change in him other than he sleeps more with the meds they have given him ?

Last edited:

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hell @Blodann o you are welcome here and I hope you find the forum to be a friendly and supportive place.

If you click the 2nd line of the following link you will be able to read the Society Factsheet on DoLs and I hope that will hia Guide in the list.
Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) (483)
PDF printable version

I hope you have time to take a good look around the site as it is a goldmine for information. When I first joined I read old threads for information but then found the AS Publications list and the page where a post code search can be done to check for support services in ones own area. If you are interested in these, clicking the following links will take you there

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/publications-factsheets-full-list

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/find-support-near-you

You will see that there are Factsheets that will help with things like getting care needs assessments, deciding the level of care required and sorting out useful things like Wills, Power of Attorney etc., if any of that hasn't already been done. There is also a Dementia Guide in the list.

Now that you have found us I hope you will keep posting as the membership has vast collective knowledge and experience.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lindsay A