Section 27 notice

Flake

Mar 9, 2015
Has anyone placed one of these Notices in a paper? I think I have covered every aspect of my Mums finances as a POA and over the course of time got to know every payment, bill, charge etc that my Mum did. I have contacted everyone that I can think of regarding finances and have a couple of outstanding bills to pay. Is it worth placing one of these Notices just to make sure or am I being over cautious? :)

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Unless you are aware of or have suspicions that there may be further unpaid debts, I don't think I would be actively seeking them. Believe me, if there are debts, the creditors usually suface.:rolleyes:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I think you would be wise to do so as this is in connection with probate. The charge is relatively modest compared to the peace of mind.

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
We did this when desktop NG12 with mum's will. I had been POA for a while and doubted that anything would come out of the woodwork , but for £90 I wasn't too worried.

I have seen a couple of threads on TP where relatives have had LA-funded care and then are asked to pay arrears years later arising from wrong calculations. The advice given is often that if you did the notice to creditors at the appropriate time you can simply refer to it and save a lot of hassle.

Can't think of any other reason though.