Secretly Moving A Relative Into A Home Without Them Knowing

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If he is assessed as having capacity, he can decide where he wants to live.

If he is assessed as having lost capacity a best interests meeting should be held if there is any question of him being moved.

If you Google his LA you may find some documentation.
The documentation for Kent
http://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/word_doc/0020/10865/mca-best-interests-meeting.doc
is typical.

Scroll down for Statutory Best Interests Checklist.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
You need to try to make sure that you are included in any meetings eg a best interests meeting now or in the future. If your Mother and Aunt are scheming they may well try to exclude you. Make sure all the professionals know that you are closely involved with Grandad and that you want to be present at ANY meetings if that is what you want.

futurewasp

Nov 11, 2015
Thank you I found the Essex version - I don't believe there was any assessment - My mother came down from Yorkshire took him to the doctor and she said the doc said he has to go in a home, & the next day he was in a home. That was around March this year. When he complained so much he was brought out, but he was paranoid that people were turning against him like the doc. He couldn't understand.

My mother and aunt have now turned against me and told the carer to lock me out at night. I'm parked in his driveway in my campervan full time now.

For some reason I caught a glimpse of some paper work today.

Thank you again for your support!

So very appreciated
Best regards
Darren
If he is assessed as having capacity, he can decide where he wants to live.

If he is assessed as having lost capacity a best interests meeting should be held if there is any question of him being moved.

If you Google his LA you may find some documentation.
The documentation for Kent
http://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/word_doc/0020/10865/mca-best-interests-meeting.doc
is typical.

Scroll down for Statutory Best Interests Checklist.

futurewasp

Nov 11, 2015
Yes I have now been locked out at night as the carer has new instructions. So I'm sleeping in the driveway in my campervan now. I'm only allowed in during the day! I'm not sure about my next move
And thank you so much for your replies! So appreciated
You need to try to make sure that you are included in any meetings eg a best interests meeting now or in the future. If your Mother and Aunt are scheming they may well try to exclude you. Make sure all the professionals know that you are closely involved with Grandad and that you want to be present at ANY meetings if that is what you want.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I think you need to start to formalise your position and complaints and concerns. So speak to the people as suggested, put some info in writing and i can't see who michael burns might be - but if you can find out it might be worth talking to him as well.

Someone might be able to help about whether they can just insist a family member is locked out. If your Grandad has capacity then it is up to him whether you stay in the house or not. SOmeone with more knowledge than me needs to help you out on that one.

keep posting

futurewasp

Nov 11, 2015
Ok & thank you very much
I think you need to start to formalise your position and complaints and concerns. So speak to the people as suggested, put some info in writing and i can't see who michael burns might be - but if you can find out it might be worth talking to him as well.

Someone might be able to help about whether they can just insist a family member is locked out. If your Grandad has capacity then it is up to him whether you stay in the house or not. SOmeone with more knowledge than me needs to help you out on that one.

keep posting