Searching for treatment for Alzheimer's dementia

shiva3rdeye

Apr 3, 2020
Hello
My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's dementia 3yrs before.
Currently, she is taking
Serpax ( quateapine 25 mg ) & cogmentin ( donepezil + mementin ) daily since one month. There is no improvement . She feels exhausted during morning times just after bed. Her appetite is very low.So she is also taking neogadine syrup for this .She is having frequent urination problem. So Solifenacin -5mg is given for this .Also her abdomen is swelling.
I m very worried about her health.
If any one knows any cure plz let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hello @shiva3rdeye
Welcome from me too
Sadly there is no cure for Alzheimer's and it looks as though your mother is being prescribed the meds to help with symptoms
I do agree, have a talk with her doctor about your concerns especially the swelling

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
There is no cure. People with dementia don't get better. At best they stay the same for a while with medication or don't deteriorate as fast. Sorry, but it's a horrid disease.

Nat57

Apr 3, 2020
can I ask what the reason is for all these different drugs prescribed?
And what stage of AD would you say she was?
AD is a tragic disease, and there is always going to be a decline that you can’t prevent. It sounds like you’ve got the right head on your shoulders to find the right solution.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Hello
Currently, she is taking
Serpax ( quateapine 25 mg ) & cogmentin ( donepezil + mementin ) daily since one month. There is no improvement . She feels exhausted during morning times just after bed. Her appetite is very low.So she is also taking neogadine syrup for this .She is having frequent urination problem. So Solifenacin -5mg is given for this .Also her abdomen is swelling.
You don't say how old your mother is and if she has been diagnosed with any other issues like heart disease for example. Nor do you say how long it is since she was checked by your GP. My feeling is that the abdominal swelling is of some concern and that she probably needs to see a doctor.

No cure foe Alzheimer's but people can be kept comfortable if other issues are causing discomfort. Sometimes people with dementia find it hard to explain clearly if they are having pain so we have to be alert to all the possibilities.

shiva3rdeye

Apr 3, 2020
She is 59yrs young.
Hello
Currently, she is taking
She is 59yrs young. Earlier 2yrs before she had urine infection problems. She has insomania issues.
Just day before I have started ayurvedic treatment, usage of Bacopa tablets. Somewhere I have read , Bacopa helps in regeneration of nerve cells.

MrsGriff

Mar 2, 2019
I have just read that one of the side effects of Bacopa is bloating.
It maybe worth stopping and seeing if the situation imporoves.
I agree with others that it may be a good idea for her to see the gp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel Day