1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. PatH

PatH Registered User

Feb 14, 2005
    N.Ireland
    Hi friends,
    Have only had a quick look at the forum lately,things are now not good with Donal. He took an infection last Mon temp40cand just does not seem to be fighting back. Have had to send for my other daughter and she is now home.
    Am screaming inside Please pray for us
    Pat

2. Libby

Libby Registered User

May 20, 2006
    North East
    So sorry to hear that Donal has such a high temperature Pat - so glad that you have your daughters with you.

I'm not religious - but I'm certianly thinking of you all.

Take care

Libs

3. mel

mel Registered User

Apr 30, 2006
    Sheffield
    Hi Pat
    so sorry to hear about Donal
    Take care
    love and hugs to you all
    Wendy
    x

4. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Pat I shall keep you in my Prays

Peace be with you ((hugs)))

5. Tender Face

Tender Face Account Closed

Mar 14, 2006
    NW England
    Pat, perhaps Donal realises he is 'home' and doesn't need to fight so much?

My prayer for all your family: 'Lord, Let there be peace on Earth, and let it begin with me...'

Or, better still, 'within me'.

I wish you all peace, however it may be found....

Much love, Karen (TF), x

6. dmc

dmc Registered User

Mar 13, 2006
    hi pat
    thinking of you and hoping things turn out ok, your in my thoughts x

7. rummy

rummy Registered User

Jul 15, 2005
    Oklahoma,USA
    Dear Pat,

I am keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Take care,
    Debbie

8. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Hi Pat

Just wondering how Donal is today ?

9. Grandaughter 1

Grandaughter 1 Registered User

Jan 17, 2006
    Hampshire
    Hi Pat,

I just read your post and wanted to send you my thoughts and best wishes

Louise x

10. PatH

PatH Registered User

Feb 14, 2005
    N.Ireland
    Nearly frightened to say ,Donal slightly improved today. Temp coming down and has ate a little. Antibotic finished but have to wait 24 hrs before they send away urine samples and will be doing full bloods. He has looked so unwell and looks as though hes saying hes had enough.his mouth is swollen and its difficult to keep him dry around the mouth and chin. I hope the improvement continues.

I am really stresssed and not handling this episode well .I wish I could feel stronger but its just so difficult to watch him. Am not sleeping but maybe things will settle .Please keep praying for strength for all of us .Thanks again
    Pat

11. Áine

Áine Registered User

hello Pat

glad to hear Donal improved a little. it's a horrid time watching someone suffer like this. please don't give yourself a hard time for being "stressed and not handling this episode well". it's hell, you can't be expected to manage it well. this too in time will pass.

offering you the closest to prayers that I can do ..... keeping you and donal lovingly in mind

kind regards

Áine