Scattering.....

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
..........Mum's ashes tomorrow ........ it is 8 months today since Mum passed away and right before her 76th Birthday. We wanted to scatter on her Birthday ( 6th April ), but can't due to it being Easter Monday, couldn't do it on Friday either ( Good Friday ) and are hoping that the bluebells will be up in the woodland area where Mum has always wanted to go. We have a beautiful plaque and post at the ready and hope that the sun will make an appearance .
Vicky
xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I hope all goes well for the scattering, Vicky. It will be emotional I'm sure.

If you can please can you give us an update when you are able.

Love

Lyn T

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
I hope all goes well for the scattering, Vicky. It will be emotional I'm sure.

If you can please can you give us an update when you are able.

Love

Lyn T

Hi Lyn T,

Thank you, I do too. I'm really hoping the weather is dry and not windy at least :rolleyes:

For me, I think it will be emotional, I some how 'managed' to 'keep it all together' on the day of her funeral.....

Will let you know how it goes. Thank you for your response.

xx

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Oh Vicky - another one here who is thinking of you and hoping that tomorow will be calm and peaceful for you to say your last goodbye to your mum. Wishing for bluebells xxx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Vicky, a very emotional time. I hope you have sunshine and bluebells, and find peace too. A sad time, but you are fulfilling your mum's final wishes.

Thinking of you. Jan x

molly11

Jan 24, 2011
Lancashire
Thinking of you too. Such an emotional time when you've already been through so much. X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Hi all,

Thank you for all your lovely messages.
The scattering went lovely, we had an official scattering and the sun came out. There were 11 of us, and my sister read out a beautiful poem that I had found knocking around on the internet. A lovely meal afterwards and a glass raised to Mum finished things off lovely. She would of enjoyed it had she been there !

The bluebells where we scattered were not quite 'up' then, I went back the following week to attend a funeral ( a friend of my Mum's ) and went to have a look, they were growing but not yet in flower. A dear friend of mine potted some for me a while ago, and they are almost in flower now, I shall head back to see if they are at the same point where Mum is now at rest.

Thanks once again, there are some lovely people on here and I hope all's ok with everyone.

Vic
xx