Sayings or quotations

merlin

Aug 2, 2006
Surrey
How do I add a permanent saying or quotation to the end of my messages, or are moderators only allowed to do so?

Merlin

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Merlin

Click on Quick Links on the green bar at the top of the page.
Scroll down to User Control Panel
On the left side of the page scroll down to `Edit Signature`
In the box you can insert your saying or quotation but make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the page and Save Signature.

merlin

Aug 2, 2006
Surrey
Hi Grannie G

Thanks for the information. I shall now try to do it although with my usual incompetence I doubt it will work. It did!!

Merlin

merlin

Aug 2, 2006
Surrey
Thank you both for your comments

Having had an unsatisfactory goodnight at the home with my wife who hadn't responded, a drive home in the dark to an empty house feeling about as low as you can get, I then heard this line in a song on the radio and it really hit the spot.

Merlin

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
So sorry Merlin.
No one can win with this illness. We`re either worn down with 24/7 caring or worn out from unsatisfactory visiting.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Try to stay positive Merlin. It is about the best we can do.

Can sympathise with the 'goodnight' from visiting and then the dark drive to an empty house, but I guess we are lucky still to have someone to visit and cherish.

Thinking of you.

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi Merlin
Not yet been where you are as mum is in the CH and is responsive. I find the evenings hard too. I may have a lovely daughter and two wonderful sons but when they are in bed the house seems so quiet(my husband works away in Cheshire Monday to Friday). there is nearly always someone on here so even if you just want a chat please post- I believe there is a thread in the tea room called "how has your day been?"
Please don't feel as though you are alone- you are not

Love Julie xx

Last edited: