Saying goodbye

mackie

Feb 9, 2015
Well we had the funeral today for my mum and the sun shined! I was dreading it to be honest but amongst the tears there was a feeling of happiness because so many people turned up to celebrate her life. I hope that things will get easier in time but just want to remember the good times and remind myself that she is not suffering from this awful disease anymore. x

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Thankful for you Mackie that your Mum's Funeral went as you hoped and the sun shone. Try to keep the good memories of her life at the forefront of your mind and I too hope the days become easier for you in time. Loving thoughts WIFE

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Mackie, I'm glad that the sun shone and the celebration of your mother's life brought you happiness. It will get easier as time goes on and you will start remembering your mother and not the disease.

J2e

Apr 24, 2015
Brighton
Glad the sun shone and lots of people came to remember her as well.

It will get easier as time goes on and you will start remembering your mother and not the disease.

That's the bit I'm hoping for now. There are some pre-dementia memories surfacing. But they've got to wade through 13 years of disease first.

J