Save My daughter's respite home Birmingham

jilljay

May 22, 2005
Birmingham
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/kingswoodbungalows

Petition

Please Concider signing this petition.This home is for people with severe learning disabilities and severe health problems including my daughter who has dementia as well.The loss of this place will cause untold distress and the future will be more than bleak. I cannot understand any council being so uncaring,but my belief is they see us as the weakest link to take money from.If we don't face them now and at least try to do something, then we are lost!!!
Jeanette.

Last edited by a moderator:

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I have signed and wish you all the luck in the world. I was in a similar position a few years ago when the local council wanted to close my husband's care home.

Who are you sending your petition to? I stood on the town hall square, local supermarkets and shopping centres and got nearly 8,000 signatures but the council said they would discount those which were from shoppers who had come from outside the borough! I organised a public meeting and meetings with local councillors and my local MP's.

I see the care home is run by an organisation who have care homes up and down the country so I hope that your MP's realise that this could be a problem which spreads to other care homes as well as the one you are campaigning for..

Get as many people involved as you can especially the 'movers and shakers' in your area and the very, very best of luck to you. I hope you win.

xxTinaT

Last edited by a moderator:

jilljay

May 22, 2005
Birmingham
Thank you Tina.

We are presenting the petition at the local political forum on the 18th Dec to let them know the extreme concern we all have, but will continue to collect signatures until the die is cast and they will be presented too.. I am so pleased you responded and so quickly.Your valuable information will be passed on to our committee. WE intend to/or have contacted MPs/councillors etc. Infact we are open to any suggestions.What makes it even more awkward is the fact that most of us are 24/7 carers and the time and effort needed outside of the PC( in my case)is difficult to say the least.
Will not let it go before fighting though.
Thanks once again.
Jeanette

PeggySmith

Apr 16, 2012
BANES
I heard something a couple of weeks ago about the government being totally against this kind of closure so what's happening there then?

I signed it, by the way.

jilljay

May 22, 2005
Birmingham
Thank you so much

As I probably said before every signature is like GOLD to us so cannot say thank you enough.Will let you all know how things are progressing.
Jill.