Sandwich generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi folks, my car is in for MOT, so I’m sitting here peacefully reading!
Healthwise, I’ve been told all is well, just more scans in 3 and 6 months. The last scan showed a lymph node that wasn’t ‘Quite right’ but the doCs have decided to ignore it! As they would have done if I hadn’t had any recent health problems!
However, banged my head shutting the boot of the car, then banged the other side when getting into the car! Fortunately both under hair, so bruises are only seen by hairdresser!
Bedbugs! Where did they come from. Your juggling is ever changing, J!M!
Its bright sunshine here today, quite a change!

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Thanks, @reedysue , I seem to be doing things like that quite frequently of late. Needless to say, I was very careful getting into the car today!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I hope your banged head has recovered @Spamar glad your scans don't require any further treatment for now.

So my current bit of juggling is keeping my son supplied with food. He had a snack when he got in from school - a 500gm pot of natural yoghurt with maple syrup, followed by 1.5 bowls of porridge with raisins - he even soaked the pan, 2 bananas, a large tomato and a pack of cheesy wotsits - he commented they don't really count as they are mainly air. He has also eaten larger than normal breakfast and tea - so guess a growth spurt on its way - which means money spent on food so he grows which leads to money spent on new clothes. OH is hoping it is just he didn't eat enough yesterday after cycling.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I hope your banged head has recovered @Spamar glad your scans don't require any further treatment for now.

So my current bit of juggling is keeping my son supplied with food. He had a snack when he got in from school - a 500gm pot of natural yoghurt with maple syrup, followed by 1.5 bowls of porridge with raisins - he even soaked the pan, 2 bananas, a large tomato and a pack of cheesy wotsits - he commented they don't really count as they are mainly air. He has also eaten larger than normal breakfast and tea - so guess a growth spurt on its way - which means money spent on food so he grows which leads to money spent on new clothes. OH is hoping it is just he didn't eat enough yesterday after cycling.
I don't want to worry you but my son regularly went through periods of non stop eating and is now 6ft 7ins tall! He would eat a whole packet of bread toasted as soon as he got in from school followed by several bowls of cereal. He always ate twice as much as his dad at tea time then spent the evening munching through anything he could get his hand on that I hadn't locked away! It cost me a fortune!

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I don't want to worry you but my son regularly went through periods of non stop eating and is now 6ft 7ins tall! He would eat a whole packet of bread toasted as soon as he got in from school followed by several bowls of cereal. He always ate twice as much as his dad at tea time then spent the evening munching through anything he could get his hand on that I hadn't locked away! It cost me a fortune!
Only word word for this ....Wow !

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East

I would be happy at that , all healthy food. Growth spurt in progress by the sounds of it , hopefully it’s a quick one .

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
My mother in law was always telling me how much my husband ate as a teenager. Not only is he not that tall (5' 11" ish) he is also very skinny, somewhere between 9 and 9 and a half stone. In fact the only people I see that look like him are teenage boys! Your son does a lot of exercise as well as probably having a growth spurt so I guess it goes with the territory, expensive though!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Youngest was the same @jugglingmum .. he would arrive home from school and head for the fridge. That boy sure could eat. He still does. He was like a hoover, gobbling up bowls of cereal and anything he could find. He’s never had a sweet tooth, so chocolate was fairly safe, but melted cheese sandwiches were his ”go to” comfort food. He’s still like a “drink of water” .. about six foot and not an ounce of fat.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi everybody,
Banged head has just recovered, it was one of the better ones! Lasted a long time. heaven only knows what my skull and brain are like, there been so many bangs the last year and a bit!
Let alone all the other bits that have happened. I still have a DVT in my knee, but it’s not very painful and I’m about six weeks into the tablets, on a 6 months course ( so they say).
Still can’t walk very far though.

Spring is coming! First flowers on the oilseed rape field, and the rest has a distinct yellow tinge. I’ll swear it gets earlier every year! Also the early scurvy grass is flowering. Thats the white you see on the side of the road from now on. Proper name Cochlearia danica. It’s grows there because it’s really a salt marsh plant and will cope with all the salt that is thrown on the roads in the winter.
Managed to do my shopping this morning, didn’t want loo rolls, but there were quite a lot there. also tins of meat, which I couldn’t find last Friday.

My cousins son decided it was not the time to go skiing in Italy, but his cousin set off. He will either be back today or in four weeks time!
Hope the weather is food for you and not too blowy, don’t want Sam telling us her awning has disappeared!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Spamar

Good to hear your head is feeling better and your knee is on the mend. I’ll bring bubble wrap if I ever meet you .. wrap you in it to keep you safe ?

What is it with this loo roll hoarding? Where do they store it all? I couldn’t find space to store three bags, never mind the volume people are buying.

I was up at 01.30 the night before last reattaching the awning .. the back strap pulled out of the ground and it was making a right hullabaloo ... it’s now tied to a fence post as the ground is too wet to hold any pegs.

Please take care of yourself ?

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Glad to hear bruises are healing up @Spamar . Hope car got through mot ok.

Son's growth spurt eating only lasted 4 days but some of your posts reminded me of my husbands eating patterns for the first 10 years or so we were together. I was 18 when we started going out.

Posted elsewhere that bedbugs weren't bedbugs but carpet beetles. I had got myself really stressed about getting mum out of flat but all went smoothly. She was quite bright when I saw her but I did notice that she got breathless and needed a rest as she walked from the lift to the restaurant. I thought prob a one off and carers will contact me if an issue.

Carer phoned me today to say mum had struggled to walk to the lift from the restaurant and was all breathless - they'd phoned GP who said to phone 111 and they'd said she didn't need hospital.

I've phoned GP and she is on list for home visit today - after a telephone triage. I suspect she won't get seen but I'll ask for a week's worth of strong AB's.

I phoned my brother and given my last contact with him was a snotty email over his lack of help it could have been awkward. Anyway he thought about coming up to see her but decided that with last night's guidance this isn't the right thing to do. We both think in the current situation it is not appropriate to take her to hospital for all sorts of reasons - including she might take a bed that someone younger and fitter needs - once in hospital it would be a good week to get her back mobilised - and there won't be the staff to do this.

It is possible she's got covid-19 and it is more likely that is heart of chest infection I think, but either way looks like she won't get the treatment she would in normal times. Very sad today, but I know I would be just as sad if she deteriorates to the point she doesn't know me - which isn't far off now.

I should get call from GP about midday.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Missed GP call as left phone on desk when went to loo (had been told it would be around midday and not before 11)

And I am working from home from tomorrow - as I have asthma and it is recommended where possible.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Cars in a good state again! Probably better than I am, still having trouble walking. Otherwise OK. Wondering if I can go shopping later this week! Otherwise step dau has offered to do me an online order. But that’ll be Tesco, not Waitrose, my preferred shop ( especially as it local).

Keep well!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
the GP was lovely according to the carers - and among other things diagnosed that there was nothing wrong with my mum's sense of humour.

She also could hear crackles on her lungs and prescribed antibiotics - so relieved

Now just got to worry about dau being in Sheffield

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Glad your Mum got her GP home visit and may the course of antibiotics work their magic.
it is typical though- you leave your phone for 5 minutes and that is when you get the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife