Same but different!

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
Hi everyone,I read all the posts mostly everyday and everyone has a different situation.While we are lucky ,at the moment we sleep very good each night until the dreaded morning.
Every morning without fail I wake up to see my hubby in tears and agony of stomach pain and pressure in his head.His words are usually I feel rotten or I feel terrible .He shakes all over and I just comfort him have a cup of tea and toast and tablets.
Eventually it eases just a bit and then we carry .We have visited doctors for scans and tried every possible medication,(he is currently on Mementine) may I ad he's been like this for 6 years.It all started with instant anxiety and has never gone away.
I just don't know what to do for him he is or was midway into LBD.
Is anyone else suffering in this way?

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Welcome Caz. Wish I could offer you some comfort other than to offer a big hug. Hope they can find something to help your husband's soon. Best wishes.

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
Welcome Caz. Wish I could offer you some comfort other than to offer a big hug. Hope they can find something to help your husband's soon. Best wishes.

Thankyou ,so much .Its a lovely day here in Blackpool and I feel so sad .But as always we will survive another horrible day .Thanks again for your reply .x

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Very sorry for you and your husband in this dreadful situation Caz. You've obviously tried everything you can think of, and the relentlessness must be so hard to cope with.
I can't offer any advice I'm afraid but perhaps there will be others on here who have had similar problems. Sending you both love and good wishes. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
Very sorry for you and your husband in this dreadful situation Caz. You've obviously tried everything you can think of, and the relentlessness must be so hard to cope with.
I can't offer any advice I'm afraid but perhaps there will be others on here who have had similar problems. Sending you both love and good wishes. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thankyou for your reply and comfort it's invaluable.Things are a little easier now it's almost lunchtime,it does pass thankfully but it takes the wind out of your sails doesn't
it.Ive had a cry and a moan now it's time to get on with it .Hope you all have a good day
Love caz x

Diannie

Jun 2, 2015
Hi Caz60. I have just read your post. I am new to this forum but have just read your story. My husband has been taking Donepezil for over a year with no problems. However a couple of months ago his Consultant has prescribed Memantane. Within 2 weeks he started experiencing all the side effects you mention. My question was whether any one else had experience of this drug. In desperation I decided to stop him taking them after 6 weeks and within the last 2 weeks all the bad side effects have disappeared.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
It must be really hard to know what to do for the best for both of you, Caz and Diannie.
Hope your husband is starting to feel a little better by now Caz. Do keep posting on TP if it helps, there's always someone around. Love and hugs, Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
It must be really hard to know what to do for the best for both of you, Caz and Diannie.
Hope your husband is starting to feel a little better by now Caz. Do keep posting on TP if it helps, there's always someone around. Love and hugs, Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone',At the moment my hubby is down to 10mgs each morning and the clinic have advised to give the change over time to settle down ,around 3weeks .
I must admit he is feeling a little better of a morning for the last three days,he has even laughed .So all we can do is wait and persevere for a bit longer and really hope that he can have a level of life that we know is the best he can be .
I know all drugs for Dementia are controversial but if he gets some quality for a little longer that would be great .
I will keep in touch because any information regarding Mementine for others can be helpful ,take care all of you and thanks for the care .caz xx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah R