Sahara Trek

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Well it's official. I have signed up to trek across the Sahara in October 2008 in support of the AS, paid my deposit, and the confirmation from the travel company arrived today. :eek: :eek: :eek: No going back now.

Tomorrow I am doing a car boot sale to raise funds (I am funding the cost of the trip myself and so all funds raised will go the the AS) and have spent the day packing up 2 car loads of my own and donated stuff.

Wish me luck, I am terrified... of doing my first car boot, not the trek!

Anyone passing Burscough tomorrow morning, feel free to drop by and lend some moral support! I have even persuaded my 18 year old nephew and 15 year old niece to get up at 5 a.m. to lend a hand. :D

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You`ll be fine Sue, at the car boot sale, with the support of you neice and nephew. They won`t be fazed, they`ll have the confidence of youth.

I hope it goes well.

And as for the Sahara trek, well words fail me. You have my absolute admiration.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Well done Sue! I'm full of admiration, both for the car boot sale, and the trek. Afraid it's a bit far (and early :eek: ) to support the sale, but let us know when you get your sponsorship site set up. I'll be right there.

Love,

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Well the car boot sale was a bit of a wash out, literally,

My niece and nephew duly got up at 5 a.m and we drove to the car boot field, only to find it had moved. :( Drove the 3 miles or so to the new site to find it had been cancelled due to the weather. :mad: So there we were quarter to 6 in the morning, 2 cars full of stuff and nowhere to go.

Then I remembered that a small local hospital was having a car boot sale and we drove there. We put on our AS tee-shirts, blew up our AS balloons, put out our flyers and our blue and yellow collection bucket. And it poured down. One thing I had forgotten was a brolly.:eek: I have never been so wet! A word of advice:- AS tee-shirts are not colour fast. I now have a blue bra that started the day white.... :D

Due to the weather there were far more stalls than punters, who quite wisely appeared to have stayed in bed. Still we made 60 quid and I treated us all to a bacon butty, so not all bad.

I still have a load of stuff left to sell and am planning another soon, but will check the weather forecast first and/or take a brolly...

My niece and nephew were stars and never once complained about being dragged out at that time to stand in the pouring rain.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What a shame Sue. But at least you got £60, a blue bra and a laugh out of it.

Better luck next time. I can guarantee you won`t get wet in the Sahara.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
What a shame, Sue! We've had so much rain this 'summer', we'll all be growing webbed feet.

Hope the next sale is more successful.

And well done the niece and nephew. I hope they're prepared to do it all again!:eek: